BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not a Bimmer driver anymo
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I guess the question might be more accurate if I say "when does Allianz stop covering my car"?

My car gets to port on June 2 according to the Wallenius website. Is that when I need to start insuring my car, or do I wait until it clears the VPC? Or do I wait until i get my redelivery date (at the performance center) and schedule it to start that day??

Thanks, oh wise members who have done this before :)

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
The day the car is dropped off at the dealer seems to be what everyone agrees on.

Re PCD, the day you pick it up.

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Make sure your insurance agent understands ED. My guy (a newbie who bought the agency from my old agent) had this suspicion that it was a grey market car and was not going to insure me at all. A "Frank exchange of views" as the diplomats call it between him and my CA solved the problem. It was insured starting with redelivery.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You should still check with your DMV office since most staes won't allow the car to be registered until you have insurance on it.This varies from state to state,so be sure and call your DMV.You are insured until your car reaches it's final destination,the dealer or the PC but when you wait to put insurance on it,it just takes longer to get your plates.......

·
I need more coffee!
477 Posts
One other thing to keep in mind is when your particular state requires registration, license plates, taxes, etc. Last summer we completed our paperwork for purchase on July 2nd for a July 23rd delivery in Munich. We returned from that trip on August 1st and received a phone call that afternoon from the DMV stating that I had my car for 30 days and had to pay for the license that day or pay a penalty. I explained the situation but they based in on date of purchase, regardless of whether I actually had possession. No biggie, but just food for thought....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts