Registered
848 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
yep, and when you get your first layer of dust, j/k :lmao:
Sheesh you guys park long enought to let the dust settle?:D

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Wait until you hit 3000-4000 miles, then your car will really be broken in . . . you'll see what I mean, all of a sudden your car will get quicker !!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Alan F said:
Wait until you hit 3000-4000 miles, then your car will really be broken in . . . you'll see what I mean, all of a sudden your car will get quicker !!

Just turned over 4100 mi here. I was thinking this on the drive home yesterday, doggone if this isn't well broken in. No rattles, no problems, no hassles. Fits like a glove. :thumb: The fun factor is one twisty curve and an accelerator punch away. :D

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Alan F said:
I totally agree. When I turned 10,000km, things changed. On slightly cold, damp days, my car runs like a dream ... I think the turbo likes dense air. :D

Patrick

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
JPinTO said:
And it ends with the first door ding!
7 months of ownership and not a single door ding. However, I am willing to walk 500m to avoid other parked cars in a parking lot. :confused:

If I do park next to someone - or find that they have parked next to me after I have left the car - I do check. It has to be a sickness ...

Needless to say, when THAT day comes, I will probably blow a main artery. :mad:

Until that day ... happy motoring!

Patrick

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Patrick 320d said:

7 months of ownership and not a single door ding. However, I am willing to walk 500m to avoid other parked cars in a parking lot. :confused:

If I do park next to someone - or find that they have parked next to me after I have left the car - I do check. It has to be a sickness ...

Patrick
hahaha, I do too..I also gather up all carts that may be dangerous :yikes: :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alan F said:
I've heard this from several people. Is this true? What's the mechanical basis for it?

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Patrick 320d said:

Patrick
I enjoy parking 500 m from wherever, In the middle of nowhere and you come back and a piece of junk is parked right beside you. Just you and them. They do it on [email protected]@rds! :mad:

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
JPinTO said:

I enjoy parking 500 m from wherever, In the middle of nowhere and you come back and a piece of junk is parked right beside you. Just you and them. They do it on [email protected]@rds! :mad:
OMG happens to me all the time..open field parking for miles, and when I come out a peice of shit is like 3 inches from me???????? Today, this nasty truck pulled up and I was going to my car at the same time.. I almost wanted to run lol, the lady on the passenger side seen me going to my car and she carefully got out...hehe

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

OMG happens to me all the time..open field parking for miles, and when I come out a peice of shit is like 3 inches from me???????? Today, this nasty truck pulled up and I was going to my car at the same time.. I almost wanted to run lol, the lady on the passenger side seen me going to my car and she carefully got out...hehe
lol . . . I know that feeling only too well :) :) . . . sometimes I will try to open the doors with the remote so that I am hoping the person who parked next to me will realize I am coming to my car and they will be more careful.

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
giro said:

I've heard this from several people. Is this true? What's the mechanical basis for it?
It is very true . . . I noticed my car got quicker and seemed to work better at 3000 miles, then again at 7000 miles and then again at 12,000 miles . . . it's pretty cool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts