BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

When I tell people I drive a 330Ci....

1747 26
...they look at me like :confused: until i tell them " a 3 series" followed by :confused: :confused: then i tell them bmw.

:doh:

meaningless post of the day. :D

really, i'm surprised, living in the bmw capital of the u.s, that most people have no clue what a 330ci is...
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Not Especialy, seeing as Even freakin' mazda uses numbers instead of good old fashion names for thier cars.

330 is just a number, if your not into the BMW scene.
This is so true.

Sometimes I even need to clarify by saying "it's the small one".
Matthew330Ci said:
...they look at me like :confused: until i tell them " a 3 series" followed by :confused: :confused: then i tell them bmw.

:doh:

meaningless post of the day. :D

really, i'm surprised, living in the bmw capital of the u.s, that most people have no clue what a 330ci is...
When you read news articles about car accidents, they often state the make of the car but not the model ("his/her BMW crashed... blah blah blah"). This is pretty useless information. Either state what class of vehicle it is (a compact sedan, a sports coupe, a mid-size truck), or state the make AND model.

The cynical side in me thinks that people want to know the make so they can guess the driver's status and then pass final judgement based on the accident scenario. :dunno:
I haven't been able to keep track of Acuras since they dropped the Integra/Vigor/Legend names for the letter designations.
Falke said:
Not Especialy, seeing as Even freakin' mazda uses numbers instead of good old fashion names for thier cars.

330 is just a number, if your not into the BMW scene.
Let me help you, Clyde...

Integra 2-door = RSX
Integra 4-door = TSX
Vigor = TL
Legend = RL

:p ;)
·clyde· said:
I haven't been able to keep track of Acuras since they dropped the Integra/Vigor/Legend names for the letter designations.
Before Mazada 3, the car is called 323.
Actually, my wife just asked me a few days ago what Ci stood for...and she's been hanging around a BMW nut for over 10 years.
I just tell people a BMW convertible and that's usually enough. If pressed I say "a blue one" :D
Haha, me too, except I start off with "a burgundy one"

Then they say, "but what kind of red one?"

I say "a station wagon"

They NEVER ask any more questions.

This kind of ties into Mathew's other post about BMW hating. If and when they do find out that I own a Bimmer, they look at me funny and assume I have rich parents. When they find out that my wife drives a Mercedes, they think we are spoiled rich kids (which we are not... well, my wife is a little spoiled :p, and a brat sometimes).

-Mark
hockeynut said:
I just tell people a BMW convertible and that's usually enough. If pressed I say "a blue one" :D
i will need to bookmark that post

and hope they dont change it again
PhilH said:

Integra 2-door = RSX
Integra 4-door = TSX
Vigor = TL
Legend = RL

You obviously aren't asking people in the West side or in Newport Beach. :D
Actually TSX is the non-US Accord.
...And Vigor is now the US Accord.
PhilH said:

Integra 2-door = RSX
Integra 4-door = TSX
Vigor = TL
Legend = RL

Honda, in collaboration with BMW, came out with a new model recently:

I tell people I drive a Beeeeeeeeeeemer, then I sneer at them with my lip curled until they realize I'm better than them. Then I take their girlfriend home and sleep with her.
I was trying to give the translation from Acura's old lineup to their new. The most obvious place for the TSX was the spot vacated by the 4-door Integra. :p

Anyway, I'll give you that the TSX is the non-US Accord (obviously), but how do you get that the Vigor is now the US Accord? Are you saying that because the Vigor used to be the stretched wheelbase version of the JDM Accord?
Kaz said:
Actually TSX is the non-US Accord.
...And Vigor is now the US Accord.
I had a 323. I liked that car.

ic said:
Before Mazada 3, the car is called 323.
swchang said:
Honda, in collaboration with BMW, came out with a new model recently
Is that kids Handicap having to wear that shirt?
Wow that guy in the pic got ripped if he thought that was a real 7. :p A lot of people call my car a Benz and I have to always reply "Bimmer". It got to a point where now I just go along with it. :rolleyes: The funniest is when I bought my first 325i basic, some guy asked if I had a V12 in it. When I put chrome wheels on it they said I had the sharpest car in town, with all the SL's & bimmers around here. :dunno: Chrome sells anything, I realized. People just don't keep up with cars like we do, I guess. No wonder we are on these boards all the time. :thumbup:
The US Accord is the Inspire in Japan. And since Vigor/Inspire/Saber were basically the same car... ;)
PhilH said:
Anyway, I'll give you that the TSX is the non-US Accord (obviously), but how do you get that the Vigor is now the US Accord? Are you saying that because the Vigor used to be the stretched wheelbase version of the JDM Accord?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.