BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 2006 Z4 M Coupes are hard to come by and depending on your location require special ordering, but does anyone know when the switch to the new model year is planned?

Also does any one know if any changes/new options are planned for the 07?

I'm planning on ordering the Z4 M Coupe soon and want to decide if I should wait for the '07.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
jesnook said:
I know the 2006 Z4 M Coupes are hard to come by and depending on your location require special ordering, but does anyone know when the switch to the new model year is planned?

Also does any one know if any changes/new options are planned for the 07?

I'm planning on ordering the Z4 M Coupe soon and want to decide if I should wait for the '07.
http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159093

Allocations for October production should show up later this month.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I just talked to my friend at the local dealer. Ditto what Ron said; allocations coming this month.

·
Back in the fold
126 Posts
Contradictory reports

Rod's informant tells him Oct for 07 Z4 M Coupe allocations, and after again asking my salesman, who again confirmed it with the regional rep just yesterday, said no 2007 Z4 M Coupes til 1/07. I would really really like to know the truth here. Somebody is right, and somebody is wrong here! I would like to know the real truth. My recent order placement depends on it. Is there any way to get in contact BMW Spartansburg and ask someone there myself?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Goodwood said:
Rod's informant tells him Oct for 07 Z4 M Coupe allocations, and after again asking my salesman, who again confirmed it with the regional rep just yesterday, said no 2007 Z4 M Coupes til 1/07. I would really really like to know the truth here. Somebody is right, and somebody is wrong here! I would like to know the real truth. My recent order placement depends on it. Is there any way to get in contact BMW Spartansburg and ask someone there myself?
Your salesman has access to this info.

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
Goodwood said:
Im betting its your salesman, Just about every car brand out there comes out with the new year model before the year is here that is nothing new so I do not see why it would be much different for the z4
example: you could buy a 2006 model in the last 3or 4 months of 2005

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
jesnook said:
I know the 2006 Z4 M Coupes are hard to come by and depending on your location require special ordering
FWIW, that's likely to be true of the 2007 variant too. Since most dealers are only getting one car for stock, the need to order is more dependent on whether you like the one they ordered (assuming they had an allocation in the first place and whether you mind buying their demonstrator) than anything else.

·
Back in the fold
126 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
Your salesman has access to this info.
SO, you're telling my he's lying? Should I call him on it and ask for a printout of this info? I told him Fri that I wanted a gauantee in writing that the 07's won't be out til 1/07, and if they do, I get a 5.5k refund check. He said he wasn't allowed to do that. So, what so you think?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Goodwood said:
SO, you're telling my he's lying? Should I call him on it and ask for a printout of this info? I told him Fri that I wanted a gauantee in writing that the 07's won't be out til 1/07, and if they do, I get a 5.5k refund check. He said he wasn't allowed to do that. So, what so you think?
If I were you, I would wait/find a August allocation for a 2007 October production
Coupe.
My dealer didn't get a March allocation for a May production M Coupe.
He said give me a few days and somehow he got one from NA.
Took delivery of my Coupe May 30th.

I showed my car to a customer at the dealer and he ordered one sometime in June.
Dealer got him a car from another dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I put down a $1000 deposit April 5th for an M Coupe. Dealer says I'm first in line here. Still no allocation! All I can get out of them is "any day now".
If I spec mine out in August for an October delivery will it be an '06 or an '07?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just another data point, but I put my deposit on my IR/IR M Coupe about a month ago.

I am told by my dealer that it is September allocation to be delivered in late October (in Seattle here) and it will be a 2007 model.

Chris

·
Back in the fold
126 Posts
MY dates quote from a BMW rep:

cafortier said:
Just another data point, but I put my deposit on my IR/IR M Coupe about a month ago.

I am told by my dealer that it is September allocation to be delivered in late October (in Seattle here) and it will be a 2007 model.

Chris
Maybe you guys can make heads or tails from this, as it seems the info is cryptic and incomplete, and doesn't make any real sense to me:

"Dave,

The 2007 MY Z4 3.0i Roadster, Z4 3.0si Roadster and the Z4 3.0si Coupe will start in October 2006.

The 2007 MY Z4 M Coupe and Z4 M Roadster will start in January 2007."

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Blak Blur said:
I put down a $1000 deposit April 5th for an M Coupe. Dealer says I'm first in line here. Still no allocation! All I can get out of them is "any day now".
If I spec mine out in August for an October delivery will it be an '06 or an '07?
If you get an August allocation for 2007 October production I would think so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts