BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been infomred my car is slated for a week 16 build. I do not want to assume that BMW's production calendar is a constant 52 weeks considerng the many holidays and off-days German manufacturing allows. Could someone please verify when week 16 actaully falls?

I appeciate a respectful response to my seeming ignorance.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
racefaith said:
I have been infomred my car is slated for a week 16 build. I do not want to assume that BMW's production calendar is a constant 52 weeks considerng the many holidays and off-days German manufacturing allows. Could someone please verify when week 16 actaully falls?

Most likely April 18-22 assuming that Week 9 was Feb 28-Mar 4

·
Happy as a snapping clam
812 Posts
My car was week 14 with an estimated completion date of 4/5. It was actually completed 4/4 or earlier. Your car should be completed the week of 4/18, I would estimate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
racefaith said:

Have you gotten your VIN# yet? I will pick up 2 1/2 weeks after you and I am wondering when to expect the VIN so I can go purchase my air tickets with the 2-for-1 deal. As of now, I am still scheduled for production with no set date yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All

For the responses.

I do not have my VIN # yet but expect to pick-ip a bunch of data Saturday when I visit with my dealer to sign / review some last docuements.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
racefaith said:
For the responses.

I do not have my VIN # yet but expect to pick-ip a bunch of data Saturday when I visit with my dealer to sign / review some last docuements.
Do you have your production number? You can get the VIN (if already assigned) in the order tracking(order detail) at oc.bmwusa.com

·
Registered
207 Posts
4everbavarian said:
Have you gotten your VIN# yet? I will pick up 2 1/2 weeks after you and I am wondering when to expect the VIN so I can go purchase my air tickets with the 2-for-1 deal. As of now, I am still scheduled for production with no set date yet. Thanks.
You do not need your VIN # for the Lufthansa deal. I would recommend booking soon to get your seats. You can hold your tix without paying for quite a long time. Also, check out other fares. You will likely find cheaper tickets. I did and thus did not go for the 2 for 1 deal. Look early however, summer is peak season.

good luck

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
sharmabmw said:
You do not need your VIN # for the Lufthansa deal. I would recommend booking soon to get your seats. You can hold your tix without paying for quite a long time. Also, check out other fares. You will likely find cheaper tickets. I did and thus did not go for the 2 for 1 deal. Look early however, summer is peak season.

good luck
Yes, you don't need the VIN to reserve the seats but they wouldn't allow me to purchase the tickets without the VIN number. They can also only hold the reservation for a length of time so I had to call them a couple of times to make sure they don't cancel the reservation before the VIN showed up in Order Tracking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
sharmabmw said:

good luck
Thanks. I know, already have tickets reserved for 6 weeks or so but would like to lock in the fare. As for getting a better price, I would probably have to go with priceline/orbitz or similar but then I don't get the miles credited. I was quoted about $1600 from Lufthansa for 2 tickets with the 2-for-1, that's about $800/ticket and I think that's a pretty good fare for June leaving from the west coast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts