BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started noticing a deterioration in the car's overall 'crispness' lately so I though I'd take today (have the day off) to check my tire pressures before washing the car after our first 'StormWatch 2002' :lmao: event.

And damnit, I was down 6psi all the way around!:mad: Took a brief spin leaving the corner gas station (oh yeah, I need an air compressor, too) and it was like driving a brand-new car.

These low-profile tires and wheels with valvestems hidden under lock-and-key are definitely NOT conducive to regular tire pressure checking. :tsk:

·
10,856 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Thanks for the reminder...I haven't checked my tire pressure since it was still hot outside. Noticed my wife's car lost about 5 psi's as well from ~September-ish to now. The flat in her rear left tire was down to 10 psi before I discovered it yesterday.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
When I'm good, I'll check my pressure once a week... especially before any long trip. When I'm bad, it may go a month or two. It's surprising how much the pressure can fluctuate depending on temperature and what leaks out.

·
Registered
979 Posts
:tsk: :tsk:

Gentlemen,

What kind of enthusiasts are you? You should be checking your tires at least every two weeks.

I just came back from having my tires checked on the Hunter gsp9700 at a local tire place. It does a road load check, tire roundness check, etc as well as the balance.

Not a bad deal at $10 a wheel.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Kaz, don't hurt those ALPINAs! :p

Part of the joy and pride of owning ALPINA wheels is to take off those caps with the little key and hook. I always do that at gas stations, and holding up the line of Minivans drivers who think I am wasting my time.

In the world of ALPINA, one does not rush to even check the air pressure...life should be that way. :eeps:

:lmao:

·
10,856 Posts
Personally, I think Kaz should trade wheels with me, since he has so much trouble with the locked valve stem caps.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Kaz, don't hurt those ALPINAs! :p

Part of the joy and pride of owning ALPINA wheels is to take off those caps with the little key and hook. I always do that at gas stations, and holding up the line of Minivans drivers who think I am wasting my time.

In the world of ALPINA, one does not rush to even check the air pressure...life should be that way. :eeps:

:lmao:
Don't forget to save the cap tray to put it in while checking the air. :D

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
:D And that too...

Aye..my cap tray has been chipped at one corner... :( Kaz, do you need yours? :p

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Actually, I don't use mine. I take the caps off, then drive to the corner gas station.
Do you have anything if equal value to trade? :D

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
Hey Kaz, maybe you should get those wireless tire pressure sensors so that you'll know when they tires are low.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mdk330i said:
Hey Kaz, maybe you should get those wireless tire pressure sensors so that you'll know when they tires are low.
Sure, I'd love the special ones that are made to go inside the locking centercaps. There are even markings inside showing where they get installed. You wanna pay for em for me? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts