BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a strange problem. When I get into my car and the phone connects, it tries to dial itself. This happens at random, so not every time. Sometimes, 2-3 times in a row, or doesn't for a time.

I notice it as my radio doesn't come on. I just hit the hang up button and its ok.

The dealership has NEVER seen this before. Have no idea how to fix. I bought a new phone and it has been this way with 2 different phones.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
421 Posts
My 335i was doing that about 2 years ago. It started when Apple updated the Bluetooth section of their OS. The fix was bringing my car to the dealer and having them flash the latest Bluetooth software. It fixed the problem then and I have not had the problem since.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I had that happen a few BMWs back - turned out my cell phone had an active call ready to go and when my BMWs BT connected it sort of read that it's ready to call and started dialing!

I had my carrier investigate my phone and there was a known bug that they (Verizon) had to send a firmware patch to the phone or something like that. It was a long time ago [5-6 years] but I remember it being a real PIA. Be sure the communication s/won your BMW is up to date - you can check that at https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html and that your phone's firmware is the most current (check your manufacturer's support website or your carrier's help line/website/etc).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts