1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Insert T I T L E here
1,970 Posts

·
Insert T I T L E here
1,970 Posts
Man, you are really depressing! :confused:
Just a joke, friend. :) Hopefully the recession is nearing its end, but there is a (small) connection between the legions of people that can "barely" afford the BMW, leasing to keep payments low / not building equity, zero savings rate, and the overall collapse we saw. Many of the attitudes on the board seem to be from the emblematic 40k millionaire set that BJ typified, and even worse, assume everybody is in that boat (refer to numerous "you couldn't afford a 335" / "bang for buck" or "its not just a car" threads, and the fraction of people that actually think they are a superior person because of their car).

I occasionally greet them with sarcasm. ;) Don't mean to offend. :angel:

·
Insert T I T L E here
1,970 Posts
If you're on a hill.....the level vaires if the engine is cold or warm. I just feel the electronic one is more reliable, and of course it is just easier. Everyone just needs to quit whining about not having a dipstick.
+1, I don't really see the big deal about it. I mean, nobody cares about not having a splash tube that you can directly check the fuel level - you go by the float sensor. It is progress.

Really what people should be asking is how often does the electronic sensor give erroneous readings, and is it fault-tolerant / reporting errors. The answers are essentially never, and yes. Clinging to a dipstick is just kind of ridiculous IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.