BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran out of gas yestersday as I saw the computer read ~~~~~

i took a pic (i will post it, but how do I (t mobile razr phone)

·
Format c:\*.* /y
1,321 Posts
My E46 and E30 both read ---- when the range is down to the reserves. In both cars I've found that if you're real light on the gas you'll get about another 10 miles at that point...

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
DJ_INHALE said:
I ran out of gas yestersday as I saw the computer read ~~~~~

i took a pic (i will post it, but how do I (t mobile razr phone)
That symbol means you are too cheap to put gas in the car and you have just pumped the sediment at the bottom of your tank through the gas line and clogged your fuel filter. :nono:

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chuck92103 said:
That symbol means you are too cheap to put gas in the car and you have just pumped the sediment at the bottom of your tank through the gas line and clogged your fuel filter. :nono:
no it means I was in bum **** outskirts of the city/desert. I did make it in the station. It went from 5 miles to ~~~~ in about 2 minutes (at 40 mph no ac no traffic)

·
Format c:\*.* /y
1,321 Posts
chuck92103 said:
You mean the sediment that's at the bottom of your tank where the fuel pickup is no matter how much gas you have? :confused:

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
Tangent said:
My E46 and E30 both read ---- when the range is down to the reserves. In both cars I've found that if you're real light on the gas you'll get about another 10 miles at that point...
Thanks....I may need that info some time.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
chuck92103 said:
There is no sediment in the bottom of a fuel tank.

Have you ever driven behind one of those mobile washing unit trucks which carry their own water in a plastic tank? Next time, note how much it sloshes around in there - i.e. any bottom sediment is thoroughly mixed with the fuel you burn every day.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tangent said:
You mean the sediment that's at the bottom of your tank where the fuel pickup is no matter how much gas you have? :confused:
:stupid:
Beat me to it !! If you've ever had to change a fuel pump or sender unit, you'll know that's one myth thoroughly busted. :thumbup:

·
Registered
205 Posts
DustyWheeler said:
:stupid:
Beat me to it !! If you've ever had to change a fuel pump or sender unit, you'll know that's one myth thoroughly busted. :thumbup:
"MYTH-BUSTED!".....ive always wanted to say that...:p

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
thebigbr - Love your sig. Will have to keep that in mind when I eventually get my car back from ED + start the search for "Mrs. v. 2.0"

Perhaps I should change my handle to : Be My Woman :bigpimp:

Proud owner of a rare Mystic Blau 530.

·
Powder Days
1,995 Posts
DBU said:
There is no sediment in the bottom of a fuel tank.
Except when you forget to drain the tank when you store a car for a few months or more and it turns to sludge or gum. No problems when used frequently. :D

Cheers

·
Hydrocarbon Man
3,126 Posts
X3 Skier said:
Except when you forget to drain the tank when you store a car for a few months or more and it turns to sludge or gum. No problems when used frequently. :D

Cheers
Yeah...don't think that's gonna happen very often with an M3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts