BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my local dealer Friday and at the time I was interested in a 435i convertible. I asked the sales person when the 2017 model year build was available. He said he did not know, but that there were no changes to the 4 series planned. Not being satisfied with his answer I did some research and learned about the 440i model, which is how I will go with my purchase. I guess he was just trying to sell me a 435i immediately, while withholding the 2017 model year information. So my question to the forum gurus is - When can I order the new 440i model from my local dealer? PS – I will work with a different sales person.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Ordering system for the MY2017 440i Convertible started on June 10, 2016 -or about 6 weeks ago.

You should go to another dealer.

I visited my local dealer Friday and at the time I was interested in a 435i convertible. I asked the sales person when the 2017 model year build was available. He said he did not know, but that there were no changes to the 4 series planned. Not being satisfied with his answer I did some research and learned about the 440i model, which is how I will go with my purchase. I guess he was just trying to sell me a 435i immediately, while withholding the 2017 model year information. So my question to the forum gurus is - When can I order the new 440i model from my local dealer? PS - I will work with a different sales person.

·
Registered
973 Posts
OP- once you go to a dealer you are marked to that salesperson. His actions also reflect
on the dealership. Go to a different dealership. PM me if you need recommendations in NJ.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
OP- once you go to a dealer you are marked to that salesperson. His actions also reflect
on the dealership. Go to a different dealership. PM me if you need recommendations in NJ.
You can absolutely tell a dealership that you and the salesperson you were assigned do not "click" and you would like to give them another chance with another salesperson.

I am not sure how that works on the "back end" for their compensation but you dont have to keep a salesperson at a dealership if you dont want to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can't give you a direct answer as to the 4 series...

But, I ordered my '17 340 X drive on July 7...

I received a communication from my dealer, that the vehicle has been assembled and is waiting to be shipped.

I hope this helps you in your quest.

·
Registered
62 Posts
440i

That's funny, I had a similar situation. I went in to look at the 435, they did not have any on the lot so I was shown a 428. When I asked about when the 2017's were coming out, the reply was maybe sometime in the fall. I got a little pressure from them that I should move on a 2016, even though the tri state inventory was a little low. They never mentioned anything about the 440 coming out. So happy I found this site! I just saw today that the build in up on bmw.com for the 2017 440i, hopefully I will be on my way soon. One question, would you wait a little till they start appearing on lots, or should I begin my price negotiations now?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
That's funny, I had a similar situation. I went in to look at the 435, they did not have any on the lot so I was shown a 428. When I asked about when the 2017's were coming out, the reply was maybe sometime in the fall. I got a little pressure from them that I should move on a 2016, even though the tri state inventory was a little low. They never mentioned anything about the 440 coming out. So happy I found this site! I just saw today that the build in up on bmw.com for the 2017 440i, hopefully I will be on my way soon. One question, would you wait a little till they start appearing on lots, or should I begin my price negotiations now?
You can order one now, so no reason to wait for them to be on the lots unless you are adverse to ordering a car. If you are leasing, the residuals are not as good on the 2017s (so the payments will be higher... quite a bit higher).

If purchasing, it wont be much difference in price.

Dealers are always incentivized to "sell what you see, not see what you can sell"... so they will always attempt to sell you a car that is present on the lot right now.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Has BMW stated an official release date in the U.S. for the 430 and 440 models? Do any of the dealerships have 430s or 440s in stock yet? Apparently one cannot pick up a new model on European Delivery until it has already been released in the U.S. so if someone has a confirmed ED delivery date for a 430 or a 440 that would be informative.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Has BMW stated an official release date in the U.S. for the 430 and 440 models? Do any of the dealerships have 430s or 440s in stock yet? Apparently one cannot pick up a new model on European Delivery until it has already been released in the U.S. so if someone has a confirmed ED delivery date for a 430 or a 440 that would be informative.
they are being produced since July I believe. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924364

·
Registered
446 Posts
Unfortunately the production date does not control with regard to availability. If the car has not yet been released for sale in the U.S. one still cannot pick up the car on European Delivery. The question remains, does anyone know when the 430i and 440i models have been or will be available to take home by virtue of a U.S. Release date? Instructive would be confirmation that these models are now on U.S. Dealer lots as opposed to being held for the official U.S. Release date.

By way of comparison a family member has his 2017 E Class sitting at the storage facility of a U.S. Dock where it has been awaiting Mercedes's official U.S. Release date now for two months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts