BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Ex-Dictator
27,411 Posts
Tricky said:
Would it be reasonable to expect the release in May 2006 (maybe available for ED in Mar/April 2006)? :dunno:
I doubt it would be available for ED in March 2006.

If we don't see it at the Frankfurt International Motor Show in September 2005, we can assume that it won't be ready for the March 2006 production.

· Registered
92 Posts
jav330ci said:
I'm holding out for the new 330 coupe but I've heard many different launch dates. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE AVAILABLE?
We expect the coupe to be available October this year along with the other 2006 models. The convertible will fommow in the spring of 2006.

· Who, me?
3,005 Posts
RealM3 said:
We expect the coupe to be available October this year along with the other 2006 models. The convertible will fommow in the spring of 2006.
Uh... What?????

The 3-series coupe isn't even on sale in Europe yet, and you expect to have them here this Fall?

I think you are about a year too early in your expectations... all due respect to you being a salesman and all....

regards,
kyfdx

· Registered
662 Posts
kyfdx said:
Uh... What?????

The 3-series coupe isn't even on sale in Europe yet, and you expect to have them here this Fall?

I think you are about a year too early in your expectations... all due respect to you being a salesman and all....

regards,
kyfdx
Heck, I don't think there are even official photos yet.

· Registered
662 Posts
damills said:
Is 2005 the last year of the coupe (M and non-M)?
No, there will be an '06 model of both, though the non-M coupe '06 year will probably be shorter than usual. The '07 model year should be the first of the E90 coupes (E92 is the chassis number, I believe). M3s will follow those, either '07 or '08 MY.

· Registered
6 Posts
A dealer told me today that BMW USA is being very "hush hush" but they speculate Spring 2006. That is supposedly you can order one in January 06. Too bad for me I need a new one by Sept. my lease is over. I'll just get a 2005 and hope I won't like the new one as much!! But we all know that won't happen.

· Registered
115 Posts
2006 ordered

I currently reside in Germany, and I orderd a 2006 coupe 330ic. To my knowledge they have not done any different from last years model. I am crossing my fingers they place the sedan engine in the coupe, 255hp would be great. They dealer could not tell me if the engine would be upgraded or not. It will be here in Sept some time.

· Special Agent
2,734 Posts
According to a sticky on this site Product Planning and Strategy BMW Dealer Bulletin the following info is valid and not speculation:
E90 330XI/325XI- September production October Launch 2005
E91 325/330 WagonXI- Sept. production Sept launch 2005
E91 325/330 Wagon I- Spring 2006 production and launch
E92 3 series Coupe Fall 2006
E93 3 series convertible Spring 2007

Oh yeah the same bulletin states the end of the SMG transmission, the stickies here really have some good info in them. Especially the bulletins and the source book!! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.