BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for Gucci fabric to wrap my interior trim in does anyone know a legit website I can get this from and or a place in southern california?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
Only guidos with chrome wheels do this. :p Seriously, Malibu, please don't. It's worse than a Civic with those horrible mufflers/tailpipes. (OK, maybe not quite that bad, but very close.)

This is a mod even Smolck wouldn't do.....or even try.

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only guidos with chrome wheels do this. :p Seriously, Malibu, please don't. It's worse than a Civic with those horrible mufflers/tailpipes. (OK, maybe not quite that bad, but very close.)

This is a mod even Smolck wouldn't do.....or even try.

Lol dude. I already found some fabrics and I plan to do it;)
The reason it doesn't fit a civic is because it's actually in a car worth it.
What until you see what else I'm gaan do hehe.

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
Lol dude. I already found some fabrics and I plan to do it;)
The reason it doesn't fit a civic is because it's actually in a car worth it.
What until you see what else I'm gaan do hehe.
did you find the fabric you're looking for? What exactly do you plan on making with it (the only thing I can imagine is shift boot....) I'm interested!

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you find the fabric you're looking for? What exactly do you plan on making with it (the only thing I can imagine is shift boot....) I'm interested!
Well not exactly. I'll post pics when I'm done:)

please not the whole car, say it aint so.
Not the whole car not even close don't worry lol

·
Registered
736 Posts
I hope you are planning to never sell your car because no one will buy it :tsk:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey guys I have a professional Upholstery Shop here in SoCal, and can do a bunch of trim wraps, and or anything with your interior. If anyone needs help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
I say Just Do It! I might not like it, I might like it a lot. It's your car man and if you want to break new ground I'd like to see it!

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I say Just Do It! I might not like it, I might like it a lot. It's your car man and if you want to break new ground I'd like to see it!
Thanks man! I will post pics when it's complete I still have yet to post pics of the angel eyes I just put in and repainted side moldings.

·
Registered
960 Posts
: puke: How gauche.

Why not just glue $100 bills and Swarovski crystals all over it or drive around with a megaphone screaming "I'M RICH, BEEYOTCH!!!" if you are so insecure about people knowing you have money that you have to gild the lily in such a classless manner?

You already own a BMW, you don't need to keep showing people you have money by blowing it on tacky expensive shiat like a whore loose in Bergdorfs with a stolen credit card.

But if you insist on pursuing this aesthetic, I think this guy could help with further design decisions. He got the dolla-dolla bill, y'all, tha dolla-dolla bills!

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts

Why not just glue $100 bills and Swarovski crystals all over it or drive around with a megaphone screaming "I'M RICH, BEEYOTCH!!!" if you are so insecure about people knowing you have money that you have to gild the lily in such a classless manner?

You already own a BMW, you don't need to keep showing people you have money by blowing it on tacky expensive shiat like a whore loose in Bergdorfs with a stolen credit card.

Why do so many people assume others mod their cars because they think other people will like it? Maybe he likes Gucci fabrics? WHO CARES? I really doubt he'll find random people and say "Hey holmes, come check this sh*t out, BMW with GUCCI FABRIC! That's were it's at son, whatchu think about that?!?!?!?!"
C'mon, leave the negative bull in the Mercedes forums.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Why do so many people assume others mod their cars because they think other people will like it? Maybe he likes Gucci fabrics? WHO CARES? I really doubt he'll find random people and say "Hey holmes, come check this sh*t out, BMW with GUCCI FABRIC! That's were it's at son, whatchu think about that?!?!?!?!"
Hey, you put some craptackyular idea out on the internet, it's fair game for ridicule. Shades of Mike444...

How else will children learn what real quality versus tacky posing is without feedback? Ridicule is a powerful teacher. Which is better, putting $20,000 into tarting up a $2000 car with body kits, triple wing spoilers, aftermarket xenons, garish decals and fart can exhausts, or using that 20,000 to buy a used Bimmer that'll outperform the riceboymobile any day of the week?

Slutting up anything with expensive bling just because 'it's designer, yo!" is tacky.

Quality > Flash. Always.

Doesn't matter if it is a BMW or a Civic, putting ridiculously overpriced logo crap on it just to look 'rich' is low class. It's gauche, childish behavior akin to a rap star who suddenly strikes it rich and buys a diamond grill and a gold toilet. Why? Because it's DIAMONDS AND GOLD, YO! That means I'm rich, cuz I can afford rich people stuff!

Maybe the 2Fast2Furious generation is 2Stupid and 2Silly to save, though I doubt it. They'll come around, most of them. Once they realize they aren't being admired for their riceboy/guido aesthetic, they are being laughed at.

:soapbox: As for me, I shall forever stand athwart douchebaggery, yelling "Stop!"

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

But if you insist on pursuing this aesthetic, I think this guy could help with further design decisions. He got the dolla-dolla bill, y'all, tha dolla-dolla bills!

hahahah you have no idea who your talking to and what your talking about period.

And your completly correct the first time. I do the mods I choose for my own personal satisfaction not anyone elses. I like Gucci fabric I like the way it looks,and I like the company its a great company. So that explains the reasoning for that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts