Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find the 5 speed black leather shift knob with the illumiated gears. Where's the best place to buy it and what's the part #. Thanks in advance!

It looks like this:

·
Registered
590 Posts
When I was at my dealer checking out the accessories book I saw a BMW leather 5 speed illuminated one. I also saw some really nifty ones online at leathrz. I also saw one that is metal and illuminated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You can get it through the "Original BMW Accessories" catalog, available at most dealerships, in the parts dept. If they don't have the shift knob in stock, they'll order it for you and get it in a couple days. I fell in love with that shift knob too, but its kinda pricey.

According to their catalog, the Part # and Price is:
for the E46 3-Series: 25 11 9 415 379
Price: $119.00

Good luck, and post some pics when you get/install it!

-Faheem

·
Registered
45 Posts
The accessories catalog I have only has those for the E36. Is that the one you're thinking of? Does it fit the e46? Do the e46's have the wiring and light built in? My friend has an old fiver that had that stuff built in, the factory knob just had a non-see through plate for whatever reason.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Illuminated Shift Knob

Here's some more part numbers for the Illuminated "M" shift knob:

E36 3-Series, E34 5-Series, & E32 7-Series:
25 11 2 231 561 / $114.25

E30 3-Series: 25 11 2 231 562 / $174.00

-Faheem

·
Spelling Impaired
5,656 Posts
thinking said:
The accessories catalog I have only has those for the E36. Is that the one you're thinking of? Does it fit the e46? Do the e46's have the wiring and light built in? My friend has an old fiver that had that stuff built in, the factory knob just had a non-see through plate for whatever reason.
I don't know the part numbers without the catalog handy, but they are available for the e46.

At my dealer here in the UK, ALL their E46's with the sport package come with the lighted shift knob and the M Stering wheel, so I know it can be done.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Have you joined BMW CCA? Most dealer parts counters will give club members a discount, as will the internet/phone order discount places. Between $500 rebate on car and discounts on parts from Hendrick BMW and my local dealer, I've saved into the 4 digits from my club membership over the years.

·
4,073 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:

I saw that too...but it says "w/o shift emblem." What does that mean?
That is a leather knob, non-illuminated, with no shift pattern insert. Just a piece of black plastic. You have to buy an insert separately and stick it on.

The E46 illuminated shift knob includes a small wire harness and 2 scotch locks so you can tap into dimmed lighting at the power window switches.

The M3 replacement illuminated shift knobs will not come with scotch locks or the retrofit wire harness.

All of our illuminated metal (plastic in matte and bright chrome cases) knobs come with scotch locks so they can be retrofitted into any car.

If you are interested in one of our metal knobs, we usually have some in stock that are blems. Hairline scratches, etc. We discount these pretty heavily. Or you can get a balls-to-the-wall flawless one for full retail. Andy might be interested in doing a group buy on metal illuminated knobs if you guys are up for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts