BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

where do i get my paint from?

1000 7
Im going to get my M tech Bumper painted this week, so does anyone know where i can find the paint i need. i have a friend of mine who has a body shop, he said if i get him the paint he will do it for close to nothing. Does the BMW dealership sell it?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
just have him order the paint will be cheaper since they get good better discounts. just make sure they prime and clear after and you should be fine.
I know its cheaper on them, but he is going to paint it for 50 dollars if i get him the paint. so do you think BMW sells the paint at the dealership?
The dealer will be able to tell you where to get it. Paint is made by PPG or DuPont . Look in the phone book .
Not sure if BMW sells it in the form/size they will need, but I've had success from these guys - here's some locations in your area - GL: http://www.finishmaster.com/locations.cfm?state=TX
I know its cheaper on them, but he is going to paint it for 50 dollars if i get him the paint. so do you think BMW sells the paint at the dealership?
Dunno if it helps but I typed /paint F3 in the bestlinks and this came up, among others:
- Where is the BMW E39 paint-code label location (1) (2) and part number of the BMW touchup paint (1) & how to apply touch-up paint (1) & how to spot a painted BMW (1) (2) (3) & how to hide minor scratches in the paint (1) & painting ideas for the engine covers (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) & cylinder heads (1) & valve covers (1) & how not to paint your engine covers (1)
An auto-body supply shop. Ask for Lesonal, it is a Sikkens brand. I used it on my car and it matched perfectly. They'll even mix it and get it ready to spray for you.
what ever you go with also be sure they use bulldog or some type of flex agent in the paint. bumpers are more susceptible to damage and if you don't put some type of flexing agent in the paint when a bumper scrape does happen (not if, but when) the affected area will definitely also experience paint chipping.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.