BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Stuart in Houston
751 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
My pocket. Same place I keep it when I'm home, driving, shopping, or any thing else. Why do you need to put it somewhere in your car? It connects to the car as soon as you get in no matter if it's in your pocket or on the console.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
My pocket. Same place I keep it when I'm home, driving, shopping, or any thing else. Why do you need to put it somewhere in your car? It connects to the car as soon as you get in no matter if it's in your pocket or on the console.
Middle vent.

Why? Because onboard navigation is horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Casual Fanatic
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
If I have to go somewhere I'll need Waze either for directions or police warnings I'll just plop my phone (iphone 6) into the cupholder for that trip with a charging wire through the console lid. The other 90% of the time the phone stays in the armrest (console).

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Magnetic mount (center vent)

...I can't see anything :) - no image?

I use a magnetic holder in the middle vent, works perfectly with an iPhone 8 Plus....
I did the same when I had a Samsung 7Edge and my '13 535xDrive. At first I was unsure the little round magnet mount would hold the phone but I was very secure and in good line of sight.

Since getting my G30 and wireless charging I keep my Samsung S9 is safely tucked away in the console charging area. When I drive my wife's X1 I keep my cell in my pocket or tucked into the door pocket.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 121K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
24,000 Posts
iPhone (5)SE in my pocket. Milady Wife***8217;s Samsung, she***8217;s usually playing with it, G00gle Maps, WAZE, games ...

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,417 Posts
As you see, it really depends on what you are looking for.
Dash mount, window, vent, other place?
Then you have wireless charging, wired, none.
Then connection type, magnetic, snap, clip?
So many options out there it is just a generic question.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Middle vent.

Why? Because onboard navigation is horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
While I'm not a super fan of BMW's navigaton system.......it's fine 99.9% of the time. It's not particularly user friendly, but it works fine. I've found that cell phone navigation apps are just as buggy.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
While I'm not a super fan of BMW's navigaton system.......it's fine 99.9% of the time. It's not particularly user friendly, but it works fine. I've found that cell phone navigation apps are just as buggy.
I agree, though I don't know what the "not user friendly" means. I have no problem manually entering destinations. I haven't really played around with the voice controls.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.