Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
:hi: Hi man. It is nice to see you around again. You really got that car stripped back. It looks like it has a polished steel finish. What color are you planing on painting it? Back to silver or are you going to change the color? Also you wouldn't happen to have anymore cars for sale would you? My littler brother is looking for his first car and the last time you sold a car it was an amazing car.

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is actually a friend's car that I took on as a project for him. This is at a body shop I am investing in, namely because the bodyman and the painter are freakin artists. I am taking all these before pictures for a reason, so you guys can see what artists these guys that I found, are. I will be bringing my 95 M3 here, to go through the same routine. I am also teaching them how to redo wheels, namely since they have a guy who can redo curb rashed rims using aluminum versus bondo. I haven't seen the guy's work yet, but if he is as good as these artisans say he is, I have a few rims for him to show me on.

@Frank, yessir. Been in hiding with this thing, and my E39 5 series. Wait till you guys see the before and after on that car. I basically had the all platinum interior and it was driving me nuts. So I changed the A, B, C pillars, rear shelf, headliner, and sunroof shuttle to alcantara from an M5. So far the guys at the dealer were stunned how good it looked. As they should be. But again, stay tuned to what the 530i is going to look like. Better than factory. :D

@Alex, not at the moment. But soon. I have been scouring CL, Ebay, and Cars.com like a madman. LOL!

I am still undecided about the 128i M-Sport at the moment. A few guys are working to convince me to sell it and get a Cayman S. I will be going full circle if I get another Porsche. But this is just a hunch and I am more likely to get an Alfa Romeo 4C before I get a Porsche again.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
@Alex, not at the moment. But soon. I have been scouring CL, Ebay, and Cars.com like a madman. LOL!
Keep me up to date. It would be great if his first car came from you. I have been searching CL for him, but the right car just has not shown up yet. You would not believe how many people post a car for sale and then won't respond when you ask to look at it. :tsk:

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keep me up to date. It would be great if his first car came from you. I have been searching CL for him, but the right car just has not shown up yet. You would not believe how many people post a car for sale and then won't respond when you ask to look at it. :tsk:
They want the quick sale. If you want to go look at it, just do what I do. Tell them; "I love the car man! When can I come buy it, cash in hand?"

Watch how quickly they'll respond.

·
Hellawut??
14,546 Posts
I take the right now approach.

Hi I saw your ad on craigslist, was wondering if the -------- is still available, if it is if like to come right now to look at it.

Well I'm blah blah blah right now.....

Boom. Your the next appointment when he has free time and your look pretty damn serious right off the bat.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,223 Posts
You wouldn't believe how many "is it still for sale? I want to come look at it!" replies I've gotten to CL ads I posted and had maybe ONE in ten actually show up. I respond to every inquiry, so it's not like I ignore the potential buyers. Stupid and inconsiderate works both ways. I like both you guys methods of contacting sellers...as long as you follow through.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
They want the quick sale. If you want to go look at it, just do what I do. Tell them; "I love the car man! When can I come buy it, cash in hand?"

Watch how quickly they'll respond.
I will have to try that next time. I normally ask to "look" at the car or for more info about the car depending on how much they post in the ad. I have also started calling more people which has improved the response rate.

My favorite is when people ask "what's the lowest you will sell it for?"
:rofl:
The guy who bought the Camry actually asked that. I just responded with "what are you offering".

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woohoo, some more updates... this time with my E39 and the E36 in the background:

This bumper has been worked on before, while the car lived in the Piece of SH** area called District of Columbia, Washington DC. And this is evidence of VERY piss-poor work:

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So yes, this shall be another restoration thread, but with TWO cars this time. I have some updated pictures of the M3 as well, but I need to upload them from the tablet. Photobucket doesn't like working on the Tablet, so I have to see what I can do.

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey All, some updates on the E36... holy cow, so different to where it was. But hey, see for yourself. And yes, I have been busting my left nut on getting this baby done.

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
I envy those of you that are able to follow through with projects of this magnitude.. Looks great!

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I envy those of you that are able to follow through with projects of this magnitude.. Looks great!
It is just patience and determination. Never act like you are in a rush, and great things can happen.

By the way, I love your signature picture of that Porsche zipping down the Nurb.

·
Please, call me Brian.
10,782 Posts
It is just patience and determination. Never act like you are in a rush, and great things can happen.

By the way, I love your signature picture of that Porsche zipping down the Nurb.
Thanks, I keep it as a reminder of the colossal failure that was my 996 911 experience :rofl:

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I keep it as a reminder of the colossal failure that was my 996 911 experience :rofl:
Ugh, the Boxster 911. That front end design was an abortion gone wrong. But they are dirt cheap and a lot of people are picking them up and doing the 997 front end upgrade on them. I was planning on doing the same thing. Thankfully I had the luxury of seeing the engines out of the cars and see how everything goes together and works. The engines are a lot simpler than I originally thought, going off the functionality and how the top end is done. I haven't been inside the engine yet, but once I see one at the junk yard, like the midget gynocologist said to the woman, "I'm going in".

I found out my hefty discount at BMW goes towards Porsche and Audi as well, since they are part of the same corporation that owns the dealership around here. :D Woot woot!

-Harry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts