BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing many late model BMW on the road, new Audis little heard of, little heard from.

They tested so well....so where are they?

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
No status. Audi is just a higher priced VW. That's what happens when you share parts with a cheaper member of the company like Lexus-Toyota.

It may not be fair, but that's the perception. It's okay. You can take me off "ignore" to read this. You can easily put me right back. Ha! Ha! Ha! :rofl:

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
I see a lot of Audi's on the road, particularly the A4 of course, both old and newer models. Also quite a few old and new TTs, A6s, and the occasional A8 and A5.

San Fran... :rolleyes:

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
A4/A5 would be on my shopping list if I were shopping. They may not compete with a 3 Series but at a lower price point deserve at least a look. The car I see around Atlanta probably the most (well, cars in this class) is the E46 sedan. The E90 is out there but not as prevalent (yet).

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I see a lot of them, probably more A4s and A5s than new 3ers. Maybe its geographic or market preferences. If anything, there are few new BMWs on the road.

·
energetik9
2,361 Posts
Most of the Audi's I see in the area are previous body styles. They just aren't as distinctive to me. Even their S version blends in. I do see some R8's every once and awhile, but that's a different ballpark.

On a side note, is it just me, or do you never see any older Audi's? Yes, I understand they're out there and sure enough someone is going to say they have one in the garage, but really, I see E36's (1991-2000) all the time, but I just don't really see hardly any B5's (1994-2001). Doesn't show well for a brand when you don't see the older models still on the road.

I'm not really a fan of Audi, but I do like to see them out there. Upgrades in the A4 drive upgrades in the 3-series!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
more new a4's in my area than 3's plus been seeing quite a few a5's lately. different strokes guys... both are fine vehicles

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
There are a lot of them here, maybe that's where they all are :)

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Had a nice looking midnight blue A4 playing tag with me on my drive home a couple of weeks ago........

·
Registered
315 Posts
Saw a new A5 Sportback last night in gunmetal grey - it's a great looking car. Looking at the motoring press though, it doesn't drive as good as it looks.

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are a lot of them here, maybe that's where they all are :)
And in the NorthEast, maybe....but those LED's are hardly seen around the Bay....

Maybe this is the land of BMW, Merc too. Sure looks like it.

Gotta be honest - wouldn't buy in the first years of production, but those LED's are looking better & better. Rest of the car might be good too, but I prefer the 3's interior.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I've seen a few of the S5s around here lately, and think they look HOT, especially in black. :yumyum:

Overall, it's definitely more Bimmers & Mercs around here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you look at a new comprable Audi, you will see why you don't see many new ones. The S5 is way more expensive than a decent 335i coupe and gets crappy gas milage. My previous ride was an Audi A3 3.2 Q. I got a great deal on it or would not have purchased. It was a nice fast, and useful car. It was also a great car to start HPDE in.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Plenty of Audis here in Northern Va, I'm seeing more lately than any other time in the past, maybe its an east coast thing.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Seeing more here also, think they just took some time to be available and the dealers have been exploiting the supply and demand and not budging on price either!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts