BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bimmer Family
I have a 01 Z3 2.5. I see the little opening where the obd connector should be on the passenger side of the middle console. But there is not connector!, was it cut? am i not looking correctly? if cut, can i rewire? I have been using my 20 pin connector but its time for MD emission, so i need to have the obd plug visible inside. Can someone please help!

Thank You!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello Bimmer Family

I have a 01 Z3 2.5. I see the little opening where the obd connector should be on the passenger side of the middle console. But there is not connector!, was it cut? am i not looking correctly? if cut, can i rewire? I have been using my 20 pin connector but its time for MD emission, so i need to have the obd plug visible inside. Can someone please help!

Thank You!
Passenger side of the center console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,772 Posts
Hello Bimmer Family

Thank You!
It should be where you are looking, but if you don't add light you could miss it because once you remove the door on the console, there is still a black cover over the plug. I hope you just missed it and someone didn't cut it off (can't imagine why they would do that).

·
Proud Canadian, I'm Sorry
942 Posts
You could add a photo of the area and inside. That can help us help you.

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,772 Posts
It is also possible a previous owner moved the port so they could plug in some after market device and not have it sticking out of the console.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts