Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the connector to the Control Unit F Cruise control? If it's not by the knies like in My case? I already mounted and connected the clutc-0 switch, cruise-control-switch and the actuator.

My car was produced in 2001 and sold in Germany.

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,116 Posts
Where is the connector to the Control Unit F Cruise control? If it's not by the knies like in My case? I already mounted and connected the clutc-0 switch, cruise-control-switch and the actuator....
A couple of posts in this thread indicate that the control and connector may located behind the glove box.

The control (also called module or brain) looks like this:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a lot! I found it. Now the strangest thing is that I have a newer brain (65711387625). If I read the documentation right it should fit, but it's not. The car-connector has 1 'square' too many preventing it to be plugged. I read Exchangeable retrospectively as 'can replace older parts'

So there are two possibilities.
1. I misunderstand the OEM documentation.
2. The documentation is wrong.

What is it?

·
BMW CCA 1405
1997 BMW Z3 1.9
5,116 Posts
I don't know.
Is it possible your connector will fit the part number 65718369063 that you highlighted in yellow?
When I put that number into ECST, it changes to the next number below it, and no photo:

·
Warning - Thin Air
1,724 Posts
It looks like the link below has good photos of the module connectors. The link is for the part number in your post #3, but you can put in the part number for your other options to see if any of the connectors look like they will fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know.
Is it possible your connector will fit the part number 65718369063 that you highlighted in yellow?
When I put that number into ECST, it changes to the next number below it, and no photo:
No, it does not fit. My connector cannot be plugged into part 65718369063. I guess my last q is if it SHOULD according the OEM documentation. (Or the ECST. )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like the link below has good photos of the module connectors. The link is for the part number in your post #3, but you can put in the part number for your other options to see if any of the connectors look like they will fit.

Judging by photos my connector fits only ***625 and older modules.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts