BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the link, great info, I am still under warranty so I am taking it in so the information requested was for my own knowledge, its strange though that all 4 sensor would need battery at the same time but with these cars nothing is impossible.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The ANNTENA is under car located also just under the driver seat. The RDS is in truck right side under the tray.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The ANNTENA is under car located also just under the driver seat. The RDS is in truck right side under the tray.
Depending on the year some are located behind the rear bumper. I believe 2010 models are located behind the rear bumper.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Depending on the year some are located behind the rear bumper. I believe 2010 models are located behind the rear bumper.
mine is 2010 and i just had to install both of them. i got tmps malfunction so purchase both modules and had to find them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Replacing the TPMS Antenna and RDC

Hey there,

Just saw your post on replacing the TPMS RDS and Antenna....I just got the TPMS Malfunction Error and went to Discount tire and had them check each wheel etc. All wheels show good battery life and all are operational. So it has to be the other 2 modules (same ones you replaced) that are causing the issue. Did you have to reprogram anything when doing the install your self?

Thanks!

User7007

·
Registered
137 Posts
I changeD the RDC on mine and there was no reprogramming. I did disconnect the battery when I replaced.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I changeD the RDC on mine and there was no reprogramming. I did disconnect the battery when I replaced.
Did you change both the RDC control module and the antenna at the same time? What systems had to be reset when you reconnected the battery?

·
Registered
1 Posts
750 Li 2007 RDC Module Location

I am having TPM sign on, which is draining the battery as RDC module suppose to be corrupted. I couldn't find where it is located, as one Youtube video was showing it was below Spare Tire, others', saying in front of engine Electronics area, and few Near Electric fuses, I didn't see it any where.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey there,

Just saw your post on replacing the TPMS RDS and Antenna....I just got the TPMS Malfunction Error and went to Discount tire and had them check each wheel etc. All wheels show good battery life and all are operational. So it has to be the other 2 modules (same ones you replaced) that are causing the issue. Did you have to reprogram anything when doing the install your self?

Thanks!

User7007
no programming needed. i purchased new from dealer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts