BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Where is this relay located

16066 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Gee_115
I am getting an error for valvetronic motor actuator relay, Does anyone know where I can find this relay? Car is 07 550, production 06 06. Thanks for any help.

2A69: Valvetronic Motor Actuator Relay Fault (DIS read out)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Are you sure there is a separate replaceable relay? I did a quick search and couldn't find any reference to one, at least not in an E60. It may actually be part of the valvetronic control unit.
There is one between the DME and VVT module, I found a diagram showing such. I will try to find it again and post it. The Wiring diagram says the relay is K6319a.
Are you sure there is a separate replaceable relay? I did a quick search and couldn't find any reference to one, at least not in an E60. It may actually be part of the valvetronic control unit.
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/10/22/53

This is a diagram that shows the relay, 22 is the relay I am talking about. However, this is on a N52 engine, I have a N62TU.
I checked my Bentley service manual. It only lists the valvetronic relay with the N52 engine and shows it located in the E-Box along with the ECM, windshield wiper relay, and DME main relay. Unfortunately, there's no mention of a Valvetronic relay associated with your engine but the E-Box for the V8 engine does contains a Valvetronics Control Module (A60210). That's why I'm thinking the relay is an integral component of that module.
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/10/22/53

This is a diagram that shows the relay, 22 is the relay I am talking about. However, this is on a N52 engine, I have a N62TU.
It seems you may be right. I have a "service engine soon" light but performance doesn't seem to be affected. I'm really hoping there is a relay somewhere (not a component of VVT module) would make it a whole lot easier for me if that were the case.
I checked my Bentley service manual. It only lists the valvetronic relay with the N52 engine and shows it located in the E-Box along with the ECM, windshield wiper relay, and DME main relay. Unfortunately, there's no mention of a Valvetronic relay associated with your engine but the E-Box for the V8 engine does contains a Valvetronics Control Module (A60210). That's why I'm thinking the relay is an integral component of that module.
Anyone else? Just trying to check all avenues, don't want to go buy a VVT module if I don't have to.
I think my mechanic has just fought thru this issue on my N-62.
It was malfunctioning due to a floating ground signal & causing improper info to be sent to the DME.

I will see if I can get him to explain further. It's location on my 05 545 was near the front (towards radiator) on the drivers side of the block.
Would really appreciate it if you could find out.
I think my mechanic has just fought thru this issue on my N-62.
It was malfunctioning due to a floating ground signal & causing improper info to be sent to the DME.

I will see if I can get him to explain further. It's location on my 05 545 was near the front (towards radiator) on the drivers side of the block.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.