Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Living my Ultimate dream
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone aware of any BMW dealers in the country that sell factory extended warranties at a significant discount?

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
+1. It's a different type of lottery where you're gambling on getting more value than the money you put into it. Just like the lottery, a few lucky people break even, a handful hit the jackpot, but generally you lose which is how they stay in business and pay their staff. The exceptions are Car Max and the few warranties that list items that are excluded rather than the typical contracts that list what is included; They are also the most expensive.

Take the money you would spend on the warranty and put it in a separate account labeled BMW rainy day fund. Take money out for actual repairs that would be covered (not maintenance and wear parts) and apply what's left to downpayment on next car.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Do the math. From the substantial premium subtract estimated repairs that will be covered. The issuer of that warranty will enjoy a healthy underwriting profit.

You should assume it is priced to make a loss for the buyer.

·
Apay Kapoy
947 Posts
I would take the dealer's quote on extended warranty and save it every year then use that for a rainy day. Good luck!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,269 Posts
Again, OP was asking where.

If OP would like a special quote just for Bimmerfest.com member pricing, please send me an email and will forward to our F&I Dept.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
What if you put money aside and have a failure that blows past the money you have set aside? This can cause some people to worry this might happen even if it never does. In other words buying a warranty is not always about winning and loosing on the warranty expenditure. You are also buying peace of mind. No more worries. To some people that is worth its weight in gold.:thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Again, OP was asking where.

If OP would like a special quote just for Bimmerfest.com member pricing, please send me an email and will forward to our F&I Dept.

:thumbup:
I did that and never heard back from them. I don’t think they are interested. Ended up getting it from my dealer.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
What if you put money aside and have a failure that blows past the money you have set aside? This can cause some people to worry this might happen even if it never does. In other words buying a warranty is not always about winning and loosing on the warranty expenditure. You are also buying peace of mind. No more worries. To some people that is worth its weight in gold.:thumbup:
Well extended warranty has cap of aggregate payout that maxes out at FMV of current repair, so it may not be such a peace of mind in practice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts