BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in desperate need of a new pair of headlights for my 2008 535i, right and left needed!

Looking to spend no more than $600 maybe $700 haha, any suggestions or websites?!

I have scoured Ebay and the conditions of the lights I have looked at do not warrant their price tag haha.

Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you get some that are yellow or a little scratched, you can just restore them and put a clear vinyl film on them for protection. Mine were pretty yellowed and scuffed so I took them to a detailing shop that does a lot of high end cars, since then the lights look like brand new and the eyebrows are actually visible again (since there were almost completely hidden under the yellow).

That said though, don't pay a ridiculous amount if they're in that condition, just keep in mind that yellowing is something that happens to plastic lights and it doesn't make them not worth considering.

·
Premium Member
2001 325i 5mt, 2009 535xi Touring 6mt
929 Posts
I agree with @theroux, can you get them cleaned up? You haven't said what is wrong with your current lights or shown photos. It's a lot of money to replace these lights if the problem is just a pitted or discolored lens. If you have interior chrome flaking or burn marks, or motors aren't working, etc. Then it might be time to consider new lights.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I am in desperate need of a new pair of headlights for my 2008 535i, right and left needed!

Looking to spend no more than $600 maybe $700 haha, any suggestions or websites?!

I have scoured Ebay and the conditions of the lights I have looked at do not warrant their price tag haha.

Thanks!
Restore them yourself. You begin sanding with 600, 800, 1000, 2000 and finally 3000 grit wet/dry sand paper. The polish with a compound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.