BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I will be in Miami, Fl next week and I would like to buy a set of OEM brake pads for my X3. Where is the best (cheapest) place to do it (online or local)? Thanks!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Szee1! Actually I saw both Jurid (for $62+shipping and "geniuine" for $132+shipping) and both should be OEM. So, are the genuine ones worth the double?

·
Registered
144 Posts
62 bucks is a great price, make sure they are for the fronts as the rears are cheaper. Are the genuine ones worth double? I didn't think so. My local dealership wanted around 160 bucks if I recall correctly and are not manufactured by BMW and likely made by either Jurid, Pagid or TRW. The Jurid pads I purchased were made in Germany and so far feel exactly like the originals so I am pleased with my choice. The only downside to the OEM pads is the dust will continue but as I had said in previous posts, for me this is an acceptable trade off for retaining the great brakes.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Personally, I would pay the premium to get the Dealer pads. It has happened to me before in the e46 and I lost a lot of brake feel and response. Eventhough you can get OEM pads for less and BMW doesn't manufacture pads themselves, but the propietary "compund" or formula is not in all pads, even they are made by the same manufacturer.
But that's just me, I do the brake jobs myself so I still save a lot, keeping the car to original specs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
check out autohaus az

I bought Jurid pads there for my e39. Free shipping over $50 I believe and they have a pretty good write up about oem suppliers (worth a read at least)

·
Registered
895 Posts
I would just fork out for the dealer pads. No one makes that same "recipe" of pad material. Also, its a known fact these OEM equivalent skimp out on the material resulting in less pad life. You get what you pay for. Doing it yourself makes the premium cost a no brainer anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts