BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a Eccentric Shaft Sensor for my wife's 07 Z4. Pelican parts is out of stock with no indication of when it will be available. I don't want to pay the inflated price for the same item from a BMW dealer. Anybody have a good parts source in USA for BMW's other than Pelican Parts?

Not badmouthing Pelican, I have the car taken apart in my shop with the intent of making sure that I ordered everything at once. Now I need the parts and they can't supply.

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Rockauto will not have a BMW or OEM part if the even have the ESS. This is one part you don't take chances with.

FCP Euro is a good source for genuine BMW or OEM parts at a good price and they ship fast.

ECS Tuning is also a possibility, but they have a habit of listing that they have something in stock until you hit the finish the order button, then it shows they don't have it and it will be a week before they ship.

BMW is allowing dealers to sell on line at a discount. getbmwparts.com is one source (they're the BMW dealer in Silver Spring MD), bmwofsouthatlanta.com is another and of course their URL indicates who they are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also look on e-bay for genuine BMW parts. BMW of Atlanta and Cian BMW were two I found.

·
Registered
343 Posts
***8220;Chris Heck***8221; at Sterling BMW offers a pretty good discount (usually around 30% off, but sometimes more), quick shipping (usually same day unless they are out of stock, then add a day or so) and a low shipping price (usually $9). Mention ***8220;Bimmerfest***8221;.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
I"ve been buying stuff from www.getbmwparts.com since 2011 when we bought my wife's previous 2011 335is Coupe and now includes my 2006 Z4M Roadster, 2016 M4 Coupe, and 2018 M3.

The biggest thing that pissed me off about them is after buying from them dozens of times and thousands of dollars, they redid their system last year and my whole purchase history got purged, so I can't go back and see stuff that I bought and what the part numbers were.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I need a Eccentric Shaft Sensor for my wife's 07 Z4. Pelican parts is out of stock with no indication of when it will be available. I don't want to pay the inflated price for the same item from a BMW dealer. Anybody have a good parts source in USA for BMW's other than Pelican Parts?

Not badmouthing Pelican, I have the car taken apart in my shop with the intent of making sure that I ordered everything at once. Now I need the parts and they can't supply.
I very much like what Pelican has done for Porsche and BMW enthusiasts. I was pretty actively using the forums and tech articles before I sold my Porsche but buyingbfrom them is a last resort for me. I think I made some purchases at their annual sale but maybe only once.

FCP Euro has a pretty amazing return policy:
"Unhappy With Your Purchase - used, unused, installed, un-installed, or any reason for that matter? We will accept any and all returns back for refund for any reason."

There are several good online and prompt delivery options. I price-search all of them when I need a part but honestly, ebay and Amazon have been my primary sources.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts