BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted about the 08 335i, but it looks like it sold. I decided that if I did get a new car I would want a 335i or 335id. Is there anyplace I should look for a decent deal. Im a mechanic, so Im looking for alot of diy projects. Is a manual prefered or should I stick with a auto if I plan to keep it awhile? I really want a good daily driver, but something I can mod with some character.

for example is this a good price for this car?
https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/2010-bmw-335i-109k-miles/6338011717.html

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I can only tell you what I paid for a 2009 e93 (convertible) with 33k miles on it - $17k including all taxes and fees. So I personally don't think $12500 for a 100k+ mile car is worth it. but then again, I don't drive cars that have high mileage, so maybe it's perfect for you. And mine had the iDrive system, this one doesn't but it does have sport seats, which for me is a huge plus.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Take a look at what’s for sale on AutoTrader ...... you can set up a search for the model and year / mileage that you are looking for ...... save it and it will email you every day with what new is listed ......

·
Bavarian Steel
20 Posts
It really depends on your preference. I think manual is more fun. I have auto with the paddle shifters and it's still fun. I'm curious about the diesel 335i. The torque must be fun as I've heard diesel 335i's are more torque friendly.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
And buy well equipped version - this does not have idrive or Nav... because most retrofits will be impossible
Buy one you really want and one with well documented maintenance and service records - even you have to pay bit of premium - year after won't even remember.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
On the manual/auto issue - as someone in KY that just finished shopping for an E90 on Monday, manuals will increase your search time as they're much more rare than autos. In the end, I settled for an automatic myself - I'm still stepping on an imaginary clutch pedal, having owned manuals the last 20 years. ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts