BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to these forums, but a long time follower of Bimmerforums. I recently torn my bumper on a bolt sticking out of a concrete parking barrier :mad:

Anyways, I'm looking for a replacement bumper, and I've heard good things about the ABS plastic replica M3 bumpers, but I can't seem to find them for the life of me. The only ones I can find are the fiberglass (heard they were a fitment nightmare) and the PU plastic ones (just a tad too expensive for me).

I'm currently in a group buy for a PU plastic one for $350 shipped, but it's been over a month, and we still don't have enough people putting down deposit info, so i don't know if it's going to go through. (if anyone's interested, check out the group buy forum at BFC).

With that said, the only places I've found these things for sale are at www.bekkers.com. I also heard that pacific BMW offered a complete M-tech conversion kit for around $300, but I called a few hours eariler and they quoted me $668.77 for it shipped :yikes:

I would like to get this part replaced asap, currently, it's torn in such a way that if I drive past 80mph, it sags down enough that it touches the ground, creating a nice shower of sparks (good speed limitor though). I'm gonna get some string or something later and tie it up

Any suggestions on where else I can find this?

Thanks
-Ken

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,346 Posts
Sounds like you are getting quoted correctly for the OEM stuff. I just checked Bavarian Austosports web site and they are asking $609 for it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
How much will these replica M mods for the e46 effect the resale value? Up or Down?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
closer2pin said:
How much will these replica M mods for the e46 effect the resale value? Up or Down?
:confused: wrong thread?

the eurogarage one looks good, i shot them an email asking a few basic questions.

Oh, other question, while I was looking at the OEM parts at pacific BMW, the M bumper i snamed M-tech II. What's the M-tech I, if there is such a thing?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
makken said:
:confused: wrong thread?

the eurogarage one looks good, i shot them an email asking a few basic questions.

Oh, other question, while I was looking at the OEM parts at pacific BMW, the M bumper i snamed M-tech II. What's the M-tech I, if there is such a thing?
I do not think such distiction exists for the E-36. For the E-46 there are 2 M bumpers. I checked the Pacific BMW site and did not find any aerodynamic parts under E-36 3 series and M3. The M-tech I bumper is the one found on the E46 330i Sport. The M-tech II is the one found on the 330i ZHP.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
closer2pin said:
I personally know 2 board member who have installed M-tech II (ZHP) bumpers on their E-46 325's. They look great and sure would make them sell faster, obviously higher price that the run of the mill 325's. :D

·
Drivin Bmw since '03.
164 Posts
im looking for one as well and i think i found the place to buy it and is like you said, Bekkers. ive been lookign for a long time but i think this is the best ive found.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts