BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i check the link i have also googled the same thing, they are all dead ends and they must be for an xi offset

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Yes i check the link i have also googled the same thing, they are all dead ends and they must be for an xi offset
Touren makes a wheel that is similar. I bought a set to use with my winter tires. The TR9 can be had with a 42 offset.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
...then you must be awful at typing approx two things into a google search box...like the BMW acronym and 11 digit BMW part number for the AWD e60 "BMW 36 11 8 036 944".

Also, at the link provided above...AUTO RIM was listed as a vendor that sells that wheel...and they actually do sell it. But you have to go past the initial page that shows up for another model and input your actual model & model year.

Here's some direct links once you scratch past the surface:

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Deleted...duplicate post

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Those are both oem bmw wheels im asking for replicas to run snow tires on
OEM is a "replica"...OE is the original/genuine BMW mfg'd part. You can also use the 11 digit BMW part number for the 8x18 w.43mm offset 135 wheel to find used versions on auction sites or multiple BMW forums as another solution to finding that particular wheel.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Those are both oem bmw wheels im asking for replicas to run snow tires on
What size are your winter tires? I run 17" rim because a 16" rim will not clear the front brake caliper. There is no point to running an 18" tire in snow or slush because the tire floats too much. 17's are also less expensive than an 18".

·
Registered
995 Posts
OEM is a "replica"...OE is the original/genuine BMW mfg'd part. You can also use the 11 digit BMW part number for the 8x18 w.43mm offset 135 wheel to find used versions on auction sites or multiple BMW forums as another solution to finding that particular wheel.

Good luck.
I just want to point out that the bold statement is incorrect. OEM is the same part as OE but without BMW branding. All it means is that the part is sold directly by the manufacturer as opposed to being sold through the BMW network, which means BIG savings.

One example I can give you are Bosch oxygen sensors (since I did the replacement recently). Bosch oxygen sensors are OEM. If you buy them from BMW they are still made by Bosch and are the exact same sensors but branded as BMW. Same part half the cost.

-oldiegoodie

·
Registered
120 Posts
All I know is that I will never buy BMW wheels again. Never seen wheels bend so easy. I also am looking for aftermarket wheels in the spring as 2 of mine are bent bad again. No big pot holes or low in pressure, just junk IMO.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
I just want to point out that the bold statement is incorrect. OEM is the same part as OE but without BMW branding. All it means is that the part is sold directly by the manufacturer as opposed to being sold through the BMW network, which means BIG savings.

One example I can give you are Bosch oxygen sensors (since I did the replacement recently). Bosch oxygen sensors are OEM. If you buy them from BMW they are still made by Bosch and are the exact same sensors but branded as BMW. Same part half the cost.

-oldiegoodie
I stand corrected. :thumbup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
All I know is that I will never buy BMW wheels again. Never seen wheels bend so easy. I also am looking for aftermarket wheels in the spring as 2 of mine are bent bad again. No big pot holes or low in pressure, just junk IMO.
This has long been a complaint of car mags like Car and Driver too. The bigger the wheels get, the thinner the tire sidewall protection gets. Great for performance, not so much for wheel longevity. And I'm sure BMW probably makes them as light-weight (aka weak) as they can.

I'll keep my 17s with their 50 series tires just for ride compliance and cushioning.

·
Registered
120 Posts
MysticRob, Mine are 17 inch! I don't know how they can hold air at the moment as they are bent down on the bead area but still run true. Lots of balance weights lol. Trying to wait till these nice tires wear down as aftermarket nice looking wheels like the 135's don't come in 17 inch. Actually nothing in my liking does. May have to use these for next winter and get all new. Another note, My 20 inch wheels on my 300c have worked fine for many years and never bent like my BMW.

·
Registered
369 Posts
MysticRob, Mine are 17 inch! I don't know how they can hold air at the moment as they are bent down on the bead area but still run true. Lots of balance weights lol. Trying to wait till these nice tires wear down as aftermarket nice looking wheels like the 135's don't come in 17 inch. Actually nothing in my liking does. May have to use these for next winter and get all new. Another note, My 20 inch wheels on my 300c have worked fine for many years and never bent like my BMW.
Wow, wouldn't expect that. Maybe it's those cold winters out there in MN. :dunno:
Our roads suck horribly out here, but bent wheels are a rare thing, maybe due to the weather not being all that harsh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts