Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Have not been on this forum for a while. I am hungry for bit more pull under the pedal. I have considered CTS Vs, and even the 2015 Chevy SS with a manual now, and even E39 to F10 M5s used cars, but too impressed with the E39 chassis and rack and pinion hydraulic steering in my 530i.

Is there a shop around (prefer Toronto location, but will ship if necessary) willing to swap a LS7 aluminum block with a TR6060 trans, and no clue what the diff swap would be into my E39 chassis?

Any guidance, experience, expertise, or just thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
n62 + blower swap? making it fit can be done with all OEM parts.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Someone has done a really nice chronicle of this swap, do a search and you will find it. I really have to give him credit, fabulous wrench, and a really nice guy.

doc

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,645 Posts
I have read of lots of LSx swaps, google will give you plenty of results.

If you do want to do it yourself, this place looks like they have everything you need:
http://www.bmwswapkit.com/
Don't know if they would do it for you, but Plymouth is kind of a western suburb Detroit so they are only a few hours from you.

·
Registered
654 Posts
With a 6 cylinder chassis, you can buy pre-made mounts and headers for your application that will allow you to use any Gen3/Gen4 LS motor, from a lowly 4.8/5.3 truck motor all the way up to uber-expensive 7.0L crate motors. PM member JesusFreak over on bimmerforums for more info as he is the one selling the swap kits. That being said, I did the swap on my 8 cylinder chassis by making my own mounts and exhaust to fit an iron block 6.0. Many different ways to skin the cat, just depends on how thick your wallet is. Looks like I'm not too far from you, over in Buffalo area.

I would start by making your way over to Engine Conversions section on Bimmerforums and researching build threads - there are at least a half dozen very well documented, information rich threads.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bimmerfest members, thank you

Will start the search on that forum and contact JesusFreak. God bless this person!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts