BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHERES MY CAR!!!!!!!! I ordered the thing on 4/20/02 and it finished production on 05/10/02, and its not schudeled to arrive in NJ untill 07/04/02! Thats 11 weeks and it still has to go though the vpc and be shipprd to my dealer! Every dealer i talked to said 6-8 weeks! i will be luck to see it in 13 weeks, thats twice as long as expected! WTF! I am sick of waiting for this [email protected]#$ing car. Also does anyone think the dealer could compensate me for this B.S.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
CRASHDAKOTA said:
WHERES MY CAR!!!!!!!! I ordered the thing on 4/20/02 and it finished production on 05/10/02, and its not schudeled to arrive in NJ untill 07/04/02! Thats 11 weeks and it still has to go though the vpc and be shipprd to my dealer! Every dealer i talked to said 6-8 weeks! i will be luck to see it in 13 weeks, thats twice as long as expected! WTF! I am sick of waiting for this [email protected]#$ing car. Also does anyone think the dealer could compensate me for this B.S.
Take a deep breath and calm down. Your car is most likely built in South Africa and will need to be shipped from S.A to Bremerhaven so it can join it's German bretherens and be shipped to N.J. The trek from S.A. to Bremerhaven will take about a month and the trek across the ocean will be another 2-4 weeks.

For ***s sake, it's a car. It's not like someone raped your daughter or something to get this riled up. I had to wait ~4.5 month for my wife's 323Ci and I wasn't NEARLY this upset.

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Re: Re: Wheres My Car!!!!!!!!

The HACK said:

Take a deep breath and calm down. Your car is most likely built in South Africa and will need to be shipped from S.A to Bremerhaven so it can join it's German bretherens and be shipped to N.J. The trek from S.A. to Bremerhaven will take about a month and the trek across the ocean will be another 2-4 weeks.

For ***s sake, it's a car. It's not like someone raped your daughter or something to get this riled up. I had to wait ~4.5 month for my wife's 323Ci and I wasn't NEARLY this upset.
Damn Hack! :yikes: Calm down buddy. You know as well as everyone else on this board who ordered their car that waiting even 1 day longer than you're supposed to makes you crazy. Your diagnosis of the delay is probably correct but take it easy on the poor guy...it's not the org...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wheres My Car!!!!!!!!

Chris330ci said:

Damn Hack! :yikes: Calm down buddy. You know as well as everyone else on this board who ordered their car that waiting even 1 day longer than you're supposed to makes you crazy. Your diagnosis of the delay is probably correct but take it easy on the poor guy...it's not the org...
I didn't think I was being harsh. If my comments were "offensive" then I apologize...I still stand behind my assessment that the car is probably produced in S.A. hence the long wait in shipping.

I wonder if dealerships have ANY control over where the car is built. :dunno:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
back on my soapbox . . .

CRASHDAKOTA -

Be sure to take pics of the car at the dealership when you pick it up in case there is some defect.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
If it makes you feel much better, I've ordered my car on 05/07/2002 and will take the delivery sometime in January 2003, although I live in Germany :D

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
DaveN323i said:
Lets see. Ok guys, when Alex is preoccupied here in California, how about some of us going to Alpine and doing some modifications to the order? Suggestions? :D
Modifications ? I'm in, please make sure that it's a V8 :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts