Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife pointed out that the badging on our car seems to be located in a weird spot. There aren't a lot of X3s in my area for some reason to compare so I wanted to ask here.

Our X3 sign is located underneath the driver side taillight, with the x30i sign under the passenger side taillight. I've got no badging on the side whatsoever.

Pictures I've Googled show the X3 sign alternating between driver and passenger side, but always above the taillight.

I wonder if mine is weird and why it's like that.

·
2019 X3 M40i
102 Posts
They changed the location to below the taillights sometime last year.....

I believe the side badging is on non-US cars but don't quote me on that one...

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
We have a 2018, and it's on the front doors. Our 2019 loaner had it on the tailgate, saving the cost of one badge. If they build 250,000 X3's a year, that pays some engineer's or designer's salary and overhead. The 2019's started production very early, maybe May 2018.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We have a 2018, and it's on the front doors. Our 2019 loaner had it on the tailgate, saving the cost of one badge. If they build 250,000 X3's a year, that pays some engineer's or designer's salary and overhead. The 2019's started production very early, maybe May 2018.
The 2019 sDrive (RWD 4 cyl. only) model came out around April. The 2019 AWD models, both 4 and 6 cyl. started production in July.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a 2018 M40i, on the tailgate the badges are below the taillights, no badging on the front doors as I did on my ‘15 X3 and ‘15 X5. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Certified Car Nut
210 Posts
The only way that I can tell an '18 X3 from a '19 X3 is the placement of the badges on the tailgate. The '18's are above the tail lights, and the '19's below. No other badges except for the roundels on both front and back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only way that I can tell an '18 X3 from a '19 X3 is the placement of the badges on the tailgate. The '18's are above the tail lights, and the '19's below.
That's not entirely correct - I have a 2018 M40i with badges below. I think they moved over around March/April 2018 (while 2018 production of X-drive versions was still ongoing). Not sure if the same holds for the X-drive 30i model though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts