BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which version of Bluetooth is supported in the e90?

Bluetooth 2.0 (which is fairly new) is about 3 times faster than Bluetooth 1.x. My guess is that if Bluetooth 2.0 is supported then if/when an iPod/MP3 Player supports it, full integration with iDrive would be a snap with some decent quality audio. Also Bluetooth 2.0 only uses half the power so my cell phone could live a little longer if so equipped.

·
2,457 Posts
bimmer4me said:
Which version of Bluetooth is supported in the e90?

Bluetooth 2.0 (which is fairly new) is about 3 times faster than Bluetooth 1.x. My guess is that if Bluetooth 2.0 is supported then if/when an iPod/MP3 Player supports it, full integration with iDrive would be a snap with some decent quality audio. Also Bluetooth 2.0 only uses half the power so my cell phone could live a little longer if so equipped.
I believe it's BT v1.2 supported in BMW's. Even if it did have BTv2 support, the support would be for communication integration, and not audio integration, without a total rewrite of what the BT functionality in the car does. Just because things pair, doesn't mean new functionality. It would be nice though...

For example, I can surf the web on my phone, but when connected/paired with the car, I can't surf the web on my nav display.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LarryN said:
I believe it's BT v1.2 supported in BMW's. Even if it did have BTv2 support, the support would be for communication integration, and not audio integration, without a total rewrite of what the BT functionality in the car does. Just because things pair, doesn't mean new functionality. It would be nice though...

For example, I can surf the web on my phone, but when connected/paired with the car, I can't surf the web on my nav display.
Couldn't you just do some kind of software update to iDrive to perform the new functionality?? That is, of course, if the necessary hardware is already there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts