BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to bring our 1996 Lexus ES in for service which includes an oil change and an alignment. Normally with the oil changes and tire rotations, we just bring it into our local Toyota dealer and get stuff done. However, I don't always trust those technicians toying with a Lexus, even if it is based off the Camry. When I asked for a quote on the alignment, the Lexus dealer quoted $140, while the Toyota dealer quoted $90 (we get 5% off either since we purchased the maintenance plan). I will also have them inspect a few other things so I know what might need fixing in the future.

Do you guys think its worth it to take it out to the farther Lexus dealer to get the job done and pay a bit more, or save some money and drop it off at Toyota? Thanks in advance.

(Just as a background, a few years ago the Toyota dealer cheated on us once and didn't change the oil when we took it in for an oil change. An independent tech asked us later "it doesnt look like you've changed the oil")

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
i'm surprised that someone that can afford to live in potomac has a quandry over a few bucks. although i've never had the privilege of owning a lexus, i've often thought that taking one in for service is one of life's little pleasures. i've heard *so* many good things about lexus service, and whenever i test drive a lexus (lexi? i drove an is350 and a gs430 2-3 weeks back), i'm constantly amazed at the fully-stocked fridge of soft drinks, selection of freshed baked pastries, gourmet coffees, etc., available to customers having their vehicles serviced. if only bmw owners had it so good...

as an aside, if lexus could somehow capture the 'feel' a bmw communicates to its driver, i'd be all over it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts