BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Happy BMW driver....
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. I am looking to change the endmuffler on my Z3 2.8 from standard to a better sounding exhaust and if possible better power output and quicker engine pick up. I have come across Eisenmann, Supersprint and Bastuck. Which is best? And I want it to be road legal... In europe...

·
Registered
708 Posts
I installed a Supersprint on the same car (97 2.8). It has a mellow tone at idle, but a rich wail at WOT. The unit is a stainless steel catback with typically impeccable Italian craftsmanship. I have had mine for going on nine years and it still looks great. My only concern is that the outlet pipes are a very tight fit within the stock cutout in the rear bumper; probably less than 2mm clearance on each side. The pipes are double rolled so they don't get really hot, and I have had no issues with any melting of the bumper plastic. Just make sure that you install yours well so there is no contact.

I can't say the unit (or really any other exhaust) provided any power advantage, but it is probably half the weight of the stock unit so there is a minor performance advantage there

·
Happy BMW driver....
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have decided to go for a German manufactured Bastuck exhaust. Stainless steel from front to back. So I will replace the entire exhaust. I can't wait to experience the difference. Maybe I will even invest in a new stainless steel exhaust manifold. Just for the fun of it....

·
Happy BMW driver....
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bastuck exhaust sounds great! I have however also purchased a Z3 2.8 with a Eisenmann exhaust with four tailpipes. And this unit is from the middle muffler to the back. But it sounds absolutly great! I wander if it is legal. At low revs it is very civilised. At higher revs it screams!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eisenmann here. S52 motor w/CAI. Sounds awesome. No ricer fart tin can exhausts need apply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts