BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide which exhaust to put on my 330. I want something that's loud enough without being too loud. I don't want it to be annoying at freeway speeds. Please tell me about your DInans,UUC's etc. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think Eisemann and Supersprint fit that description. I cannot remember the OEM's diameter, but both manufacturers sell slightly larger diameter that improves the sound. Also, I have to say that I have not yet used either on my 330.

·
Das Hellrot Reisender
1,179 Posts
I can understand wanting a better performing exhaust, but the sound? Sounds like a priority a highschooler would have. Don't forget the LED hood lights, excessively loud stereo so everyone around you can enjoy your music, and the underbody neon lighting. :tsk:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,427 Posts
Brashland said:
I can understand wanting a better performing exhaust, but the sound? Sounds like a priority a highschooler would have. Don't forget the LED hood lights, excessively loud stereo so everyone around you can enjoy your music, and the underbody neon lighting. :tsk:
Now, now, now...

It's not at all unreasonable to want a more aggressive
exhaust note. It's one of the reasons why I put the
Racing Dynamics muffler on my car. The truth is,
many of the aftermarket systems don't change
the exhaust note much. Many are right at the
"just noticeable difference" threshold...

If you want l-o-u-d, remove the resonator too.

:thumbup:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Talk to the Momentum performance shop, they sell and install all the major brands...

I think the UUC TSE is ugly as hell though...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you "Bash" for your input, however, I'm not interested in the mods you suggested nor am I interested in annoying everyone near me with the "Coffee Can" look or sound. While the car's performance is fine, I just want to know if the motor is running. I was just asking if anybody had a suggestion for a mellow sounding exhaust. Thanks, as always, Jon for your reasonable info.

Momentum does sell Dinan, but didn't have a car I could drive.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
oldzguy said:
Thank you "Bash" for your input, however, I'm not interested in the mods you suggested nor am I interested in annoying everyone near me with the "Coffee Can" look or sound. While the car's performance is fine, I just want to know if the motor is running. I was just asking if anybody had a suggestion for a mellow sounding exhaust. Thanks, as always, Jon for your reasonable info.

Momentum does sell Dinan, but didn't have a car I could drive.
They also sell UUC, Supersprint, and others

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nate328Ci said:

They also sell UUC, Supersprint, and others
I asked the guy in the performance shop at Momentum and he says to go with the Dinan. I inquired on the 'fest because I didn't know if Momentum was making an objective recommendation. Does anyone have Dinan on their car?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I remember reading a "exhaust shootout" on bimmerforums a few weeks ago, and the UUC SYSTEM U came in first in performance and sound. It is the lightest of the systems, provides the best HP gain (according to the study, 8 hp), and comes in 2nd loudest of the list of exhaust they tested (Supersprint, Eisenmann, UUC TSE, Rogue, and AA).

Just don't get the DTM tips and you're fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts