BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

For the same pmt, which car would you have?

• 550i Semi Loaded

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • 535i More Loaded

Votes: 48 57.1%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trading in my E60 550i MSport. Here are my options:

For the same price:

Car 1:
2011 550i MSport
Carbon Black/black interior
Convenience Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Premium 2
Sport Paddles

Car 2:
2011 535i MSport
Premium
Premium 2
Convenience
Cold Weather
EXTRAS:
Active Ventilated Seats
Driver Assistance
HUD
IAS
Rear View/Top/Side View Cameras

·
Registered
141 Posts
535i loaded with Dinan stage 1. You will be just as happy as if you had a 550i. Just my opinion. Only reason I say that is because I was just in this situation this week, I choose the 535i X drive fully loaded over the 550 with 3 options.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I recommend you buy Car #1 - the 550. You will be very happy with no regrets.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Car 1. It's not like it's a stripper. The extra options on the 535 are nonessential, except for the active vented seats.

·
Familienwappen
918 Posts
For a current 550i MSport owner get a new 550I. You'll not be happy with anything less. Doing Dinan is a great option but if you can do it on 535, then later you can do it on the 550 and then you're back to that huge diff tween the two. Remember the tool man, more power, arr arr arr.:thumbup:

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
7,121 Posts
535i loaded with Dinan stage 1. You will be just as happy as if you had a 550i. Just my opinion. Only reason I say that is because I was just in this situation this week, I choose the 535i X drive fully loaded over the 550 with 3 options.
By the way, what Dinan Stage 1? :confused:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Tough choice! I'd say go with the 535i and enjoy the toys. It has sufficient power, and unless you are a power freak or have had a more powerful car previously, you will be 100% satisfied.

Edit: Sorry, I did not catch tha fact that you are coming from a 550. Go with the 550, as you will miss the power IMO.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Well, lets see. Every person who has a 550 will say 550 and 535 owners will go one way or the other. I guess the poll outcome will be determined by how many 535 owners are voting.

I did not price the cars, but its looks like the cars will not be that far off in price. To me that is a no brainer- 550. The 550 is a totally different car. Coming from a 550 you will not be happy with a 535 and you will always second guess the decision you have made. In the 550 you will not look back- the only thing I would recommend is go for an x- it is worth the extra performance and apparently better steering feel...

·
Registered
615 Posts
neither.. go spec and order with the exact options you want.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, lets see. Every person who has a 550 will say 550 and 535 owners will go one way or the other. I guess the poll outcome will be determined by how many 535 owners are voting.

I did not price the cars, but its looks like the cars will not be that far off in price. To me that is a no brainer- 550. The 550 is a totally different car. Coming from a 550 you will not be happy with a 535 and you will always second guess the decision you have made. In the 550 you will not look back- the only thing I would recommend is go for an x- it is worth the extra performance and apparently better steering feel...
Isn't that a debate all in its own? X vs. Non-X drive. I've heard conflicting views on which is the better handling/performing car. So many choices..

·
7,121 Posts
neither.. go spec and order with the exact options you want.
Not always a possibility.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
That 550 sounds awfully nice notwithstanding the other goodies on the 535. I'm a HUGE fan of the HUD...you really can't go without it once you've driven a car with this feature. To the extent my 2-cents helps I would be all over that 550i MSport.

Tough choices! My advice is to take some thorough test drives to check-out all of each car's features. Good luck!

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
Tough choice and one I just made, 535 vs 550. As Leslierc said, test drive! Then, figure out how much the "extras" on the 535 really mean and if you'd miss them on the 550. I personally am not a big fan of the driver assistance package, find it kind of annoying actually. But again, that's just me. Once I drove the 550 I ordered it.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts