Votes: 3 5.3%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming you have to keep it :p

2003 Mercedes SL vs. Porsche 911 C2 vs. 2003 Viper vs. E46 M3 vs SC 430

I saw this at e46fanatics and thought it would be nice to post here. It has been a VERY slow week here

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
why C2 and no GT2 ? :confused:

G

·
Which one of these just doesn't belong with the others? Oh yeah, the SC430. WTF? That's a luxo-coupe not a sports car. It's not even a sporty coupe. It's strictly a luxury coupe. There isn't even an ounce of sport there.

As for me, given that list, give me the P-car. By a wide margin....

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TD said:
Which one of these just doesn't belong with the others? Oh yeah, the SC430. WTF? That's a luxo-coupe not a sports car. It's not even a sporty coupe. It's strictly a luxury coupe. There isn't even an ounce of sport there.

As for me, given that list, give me the P-car. By a wide margin....
But, people have different preferences :dunno:

The SL is a luxury coupe too :dunno:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alex Baumann said:
why C2 and no GT2 ? :confused:
C2 is much less expensive and non-exotic. Attainable and much more comprable to the others.

That's like asking : "Why no M3 CSL?" :confused:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alex Baumann said:

E46 too :D :bigpimp:
To a certain extent, yes. But, the E46 has comprable features to the C2. The M3 is NOT available in auto as the 911 is :tsk:

It isn't auto only with at 1000lb folding hardtop either....

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
I think we need to define what a true sports car is.

I'll open a thread, sounds like a good discussion to me.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
That's a no brainer... 911! :thumb: My dream car... Call me crazy, but between a Ferrari and a Porsche, I'd pick the P-car (assuming you have to keep it)... :D

Edit:

Let's see if somebody will have the balls to vote on the SC430... :lmao:

G

·
On second thought, it is a bad selection of cars for a poll, beyond just the SC430 having no place on the list. I cannot imagine many people cross-shopping the cars on that list. For example, guys interested in the Viper would not consider the Merc or the Lexus Actually, they'd probably only cross-shop it with a 'Vette. The Porsche and M3 customers are likely to cross-shop those cars and the Lexus and Merc buyers might cross-shop those two also.

But overall, this list says more about the respondant than about the cars.

And anytime I see the SC430 on the road, I automatically assume the buyer is compensaating for something. I mean, there is no reason in the world to get that car. And it's alsmost as ugly as the E65. Ugh!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TD said:
On second thought, it is a bad selection of cars for a poll, beyond just the SC430 having no place on the list. I cannot imagine many people cross-shopping the cars on that list. For example, guys interested in the Viper would not consider the Merc or the Lexus Actually, they'd probably only cross-shop it with a 'Vette. The Porsche and M3 customers are likely to cross-shop those cars and the Lexus and Merc buyers might cross-shop those two also.

But overall, this list says more about the respondant than about the cars.

And anytime I see the SC430 on the road, I automatically assume the buyer is compensaating for something. I mean, there is no reason in the world to get that car. And it's alsmost as ugly as the E65. Ugh!
It isn't meant to be a comparison of similar cars. Intended to bring out preferences about cars. The Z06 should be in there though....

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I voted "you suck nate" just for fun.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Gee... not much to think about E46 M3
Haus,

Do you honestly like it better than a 911? I mean, I love it too, but a P-car's still a P-car... :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts