BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many portable car DVD player choices at present and every one has its own benefits and possible drawbacks.but Which Portable Car DVD Player Should i Select?

·
Registered
15 Posts
In-dash portable DVD players can be had in several flavors. You can buy an in-dash car DVD player with a screen or without. Big vehicles with loads of console space and a big passenger compartment are best for in-dash players that include a screen. The screen typically folds into the unit when not in use, consequently screen size is normally between 5 and 7 inches.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Hi

sjXhinwq - I think you've misread - OP asked for 'portable DVD player' not a 'fixed - in car' type unit. 'Portable DVD players' are like little mini laptops except where the keyboard is you'll find the transport and of course you flip the lid and there's the screen.

Nataliegrey - I'm afraid the answer is that your question is a little too vague - what wll you be using it for? what's your budget? what screen size preference? are you looking for a quality reputable brand? or, would just get a cheapy cheerful lower quality far east electronics item for the sake of saving say $30?

Nowadays with the availability of things like iPods which can play back video and do allsorts of other things, the days of these portable DVD players is soon going to come to an end, who 'really' wants to carry around 5 DVD's in their cases with them when you can just upload and convert them to digital files, and you can carry 40 films instead with no extra cases? The iPad is everywhere now, android tablets as well, I'd suggest it's probably worthwhile to look at one of these rather than a dedicated dvd player only function device.

There's many review sites etc, look at amazon and ecost.com etc and see what's available.

Cheers, Dennis!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts