BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for winter tires for my 550i w/sport. We don't get a lot of snow in Cincy, but we sure get ice, and driving on hilly roads to get home, makes it very difficult.

Currently running 19" M5 wheels, but plan to use OEM 18" staggared wheels for winter setup. Any suggestions.

BTW, I searched TireRack and they say there aren't any winter tires in stock for my car. The Rack is showing that I need 245/40-18 for the front & 275/35-18 for the rear. Any chance I could run 245/40-18s all around?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am looking for winter tires for my 550i w/sport. We don't get a lot of snow in Cincy, but we sure get ice, and driving on hilly roads to get home, makes it very difficult.

Currently running 19" M5 wheels, but plan to use OEM 18" staggared wheels for winter setup. Any suggestions.

BTW, I searched TireRack and they say there aren't any winter tires in stock for my car. The Rack is showing that I need 245/40-18 for the front & 275/35-18 for the rear. Any chance I could run 245/40-18s all around?
The OEM wheels are normally 18X8 up front and 18X9 in the rear.

You can actually 245/40R18 on both the front 8" wheels and the rear 9" OE wheels with no problem. This is actually very common to do. Eliminating the stagger in this way works very well for winter and results in better winter traction.

Winter http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AB2&url=/winter/index.jsp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts