BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a '03 330ci SPORT PKG, the factory rear's are 245/40/17 I believe. I am looking to get new rear ones. I've read that I can go upto the 255/40 without any problem. I am new to the bimmer world, and curious as to what the advantage and disadvantege would be to move up to a bigger size. I know you probably get a slight better traction, eh? My front's are continental sports 225/45's i believe. Few q's:

1. Would I be able to tell a significant difference if I move up to the 255 instead of 245, does it look any more sportier?
2. If I go larger, do I wear out quicker?

And lastly, which ones would you guys recommend (these are for the 245's as that's what I was looking into until I read someone's post about going to the 255)
1. Yokohama AVS ES 100
2. Dunlop SP Sport FM901
3. Kumho Ecsta Supera 712

Thanks a lot--appreciate it much.

EDIT: I guess I should explain my driving and what I use the car for to get a better recc. I don't track or race really--occasionally I'll push it on the highway and on the turns, but really just a good, quiet tire, for everyday use, that will last me some time and look sporty. Of course, if one of these is better for the wintery conditions, I may prefer that as I'll be living in DC this winter. But, other than that, just a nice all around good tire that can withstand some pushing on the corners occasionally ;) THANKS!

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you want a better performing tire, then stay away from the 712s.

If you want a wider look then stay away from the 712s, check out the carcass width vs the other tires you mentioned.

can you tell I don't like the 712s :thumbdwn: ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
You may want to check out the Hankooks. I read an article a while back (I don't remember the model of the Hankooks) They were running them on BMW M3's and were raving about them. I'll see if I can find it. I had Hankooks on my RSX. I thought they were great tires. I also liked the Nitto's. I hate the Michelin Sports.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.