BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which was more expensive, the alcantara seats or the leather. And what was the price of each option?

Thanks

·
Keeping it surreal
43,312 Posts
Alcantara/cloth was included in the $3900 ZHP package....leather was optional, I think around $1100.

Regards,
Bob

·
Keeping it surreal
43,312 Posts
thanks Bob, which do u prefer?
While I`ve had both (and *like* both), the Alcantara/cloth is a lot more grippy, and never feels too hot or too cold when the weather changes. It seems to be wearing pretty well after 4+ years....time will tell how long it holds up.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Funny that one never hears about the seats pilling up, only the steering wheel. Sweaty hands?

I bought the leather package because I thought it would help resale value... after all, many people might automatically think leather when they think BMW, and wouldn't appreciate what ZHP is anyways.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Funny that one never hears about the seats pilling up, only the steering wheel. Sweaty hands?

I bought the leather package because I thought it would help resale value... after all, many people might automatically think leather when they think BMW, and wouldn't appreciate what ZHP is anyways.
i buy what i am gonna enjoy,esp if it a new car,which depreciates anyways and can be hardly considered as an investment . +1 for the leather if u gonna take good care of it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Imo, the cloth/alcantara is unique to teh zhp and I somehow prefer it over leather. I've got montana leather on the 540i and it just gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
Like tohers said, cloth was standard and leather was an option

·
Registered
814 Posts
I love the alacantra seats far more than the leather. They're more comfortable, grip better, and in my opinion, the leather on the E46 was not the nicest looking.

Theres a couple threads talking about the seat wear. It happens on the outer side bolster due to rubbing when you enter or exit the car. It's not too obvious though unless you look right at it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only thing I dislike about the alcantara (which others have mentioned), is when you're sweaty, its not the best feeling in the world. I've only felt uncomfortable when I leave the gym, and FYI... my gym loves to skimp on the AC.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,312 Posts
The only thing I dislike about the alcantara (which others have mentioned), is when you're sweaty, its not the best feeling in the world. I've only felt uncomfortable when I leave the gym, and FYI... my gym loves to skimp on the AC.
So....you drive naked too ? (I thought it was just me, clad only in my breakaway Alcantara thong :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts