Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should i replace the flywheel b/c i have to change my aged clutch??? And any suggestions about what kind of clutch and flywheel? How are SACHS and LuK???????
:tsk:

·
3,762 Posts
THRLCKDKN said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should i replace the flywheel b/c i have to change my aged clutch??? And any suggestions about what kind of clutch and flywheel? How are SACHS and LuK???????
Definitely have a shop check to make sure the flywheel face isn't warped or uneven (assuming that the E46 flywheel can be machined if you need to). If it is warped, and you ignore it, you can expect the new clutch to last not quite as long. Take it from someone who found that out the hard way. This was a 91' Civic, BTW.

·
Speed Bump
288 Posts
THRLCKDKN said:

You should have the flywheel properly ground when changing the clutch. I believe there is a specified height from the cover mounting surface to the friction surface that must be maintained. A crappy machine shop will just grind the whole surface flat causing the clutch to prematurely lose clamping force. You can get the flwheel properly machined and lightened for less than $200. Try Ireland Engineering in CA.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts