BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Miami and my all chrome 22" asanti's were stolen and my car was left on blocks. So i have a 04 white 745LI. I have purchased new 22" asantis AF144 ( with no help from ALLSTATE!!!) Black face and have had the lips painted white. Wheels are sitting in my condo while my car is being repaired at the body shop (other damages due to lowlife thieves. SO now Im thinking about having all the chrome molding around windows, roof, bumpers and grill painted black as well as the roof. Anybody have any feedback?

Im attaching a pic of my new rims, the old pic of my car and the dreadful pics of my baby on blocks.

Attachments

·
President
8,099 Posts
OH SNAP!

at least u got better rims

put them on and post lots of pics i love the way u color matched the rims, i would do the same

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
:mad: thats unfortunate. definitely have the chrome trim painted/switched out to black but please leave the roof alone. btw - the wheels you got are not af144's.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I suggest you invest in a good set of wheel locks...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the correction they stole my 131's and the new ones are 122's I actually never liked the old rims either I felt they looked too dodge chargerish. I bought them off a good friend for a price I couldnt resist.

I have now invested into mcgard ultra locks. they have a spinning mechanism that prevents being able to attach anything to the outside lock to remove the wheel. Also a set of Black tops Hopefully this wont lead to a red light carjack! I actually had locks on the rims and they broke into the car and stole the locks! this time im wiser. Ill leave the locks at home and flatbed my car if I get a flat!

I should be getting the car back in a few days from the bodyshop , I will post some new pics. They removed the horrible chome door pillar trim and I got some free ding work done out of this nightmare. Next step is to lower, paint the trim, grill black and maybe the roof? anybody have a pic of a 7 with a black roof? and any suggestions or tips on lowering?

link for black tops:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...30&prev=/images?q=14mm+wheel+locks&um=1&hl=en

link for mcgard ultras:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...124&prev=/images?q=bolt+wheel+lock&um=1&hl=en

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
:mad: Thats unfortunate. Definitely have the chrome trim painted/switched out to black but please leave the roof alone. Btw - the wheels you got are not af144's.
+1

·
*Hafa Adai*
243 Posts
thats a nice set-up bro! I know painting the roof black has no use but i think it would look clean with your set-up...my 2cents

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roof

Thanks Ezikiel37 , im just concerned its going to make it look cheap. Ive heard of alot of people doing vinyl. Would be an easy reversal if I end up hating the way it looks.

Ill have pics up soon of my car. Im miserable .... bodyshop has had my car 3 weeks already and im driving my girlfriends 350z around!!!!! pure torture! we get used to the 7 and we forget what a machine we all drive.... drive a z for 3 weeks and 3 series look like a sophisticted luxury cars when they pull next to you at a red light!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
new rims look good.

·
President
8,099 Posts
i would totally paint the roof black, u got that whole black and white theme going, its gonna look sick, do it bro

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
Dude that looks like a heluva heap o ****, keep it clean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts