BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Road Goober
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear today in Dallas Texas the high was around 104-105 with tomorrow being a balmy 105 with it feeling like 107. :yikes::yikes::yikes: That is absolutely nuts!!! I have a black car and I do NOT look forward to driving it even if i can park in shade! Right now I am in Poland where the temp is hovering around 80f. Its perfect walking weather. But look what I have to come home to. My new on the way 08 335i coupe is going to be white with saddle brown (instead of the black i have now) interior. Should be NICE AND COOL for washing and touching...well, as cool as it can be for being metal :) What are some of the temps where you guys live? What color car do you have? Regret it or not?

·
Registered
745 Posts
The TA was black with dark grey interior.... hellishly hot in Mid-Atlantic and then FL temps. The worst part was the T-tops, I wound up with blisters a few times handling them.

The 335 is graphite with grey interior, shouldn't be too bad at all. I'm expecting the graphite to clean up easily also. (unlike black)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just put on some ceramic tints all-around(including windshield) and the difference is night and day. Best $400 I ever spent on a car.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
So I hear today in Dallas Texas the high was around 104-105 with tomorrow being a balmy 105 with it feeling like 107. :yikes::yikes::yikes: That is absolutely nuts!!! I have a black car and I do NOT look forward to driving it even if i can park in shade! Right now I am in Poland where the temp is hovering around 80f. Its perfect walking weather. But look what I have to come home to. My new on the way 08 335i coupe is going to be white with saddle brown (instead of the black i have now) interior. Should be NICE AND COOL for washing and touching...well, as cool as it can be for being metal :) What are some of the temps where you guys live? What color car do you have? Regret it or not?
From an arizona driver looking at 111F today, I can tell you that black is for fools here, "well done fools". If you car is dark here, your ac will work harder to keep you cool. I love the alpine white for many reasons, but it definitely is a "cool" color. I also have huper optik drei metallic tint, the best heat rejection money can buy. Just ask huper, metallic removes more heat than ceramic, though ceramic may be more durable and is cheaper.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
TiAg would be better than white since it would reflect even more light. Combine that with the tint and you should be cool to go!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
TiAg would be better than white since it would reflect even more light. Combine that with the tint and you should be cool to go!
TiAG doesnt look as much like sunlight, which is white, so it isnt any better. It may not be worse than white but it isnt better. Anything that changes the color of the light(sun compared with reflective light) means that some is absorbed. TiAG is NOT a mirror, which would yield white light. That said, I work with a guy with a e90 325i, and his TiAg is fine, not hot.

·
YeeeeeHaaaaaww!
145 Posts
I chose white because

1) the 335i looks so damn good in white
2) radiates less heat
3) scratches/dings/swirls are harder to see
4) i can get away with washing twice a month (if i have to)

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's going to be over 100 for the next week at least here in Dallas...and I'm loving my new white BMW. The color definitely makes a difference.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
My Ride

+1 on AW/Saddle. Check out my ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Waiting on a 335xi coupe Alpine White/Saddle in Chicago, even though that combo seems to be a "California" color scheme. Hope that car's not "too cold" in the winter!! I've had black /black and now silver/black - although our summers are nothing like AZ, T etc. the black interior is terrible when it's warm in Chicago (all 3 months of it)

·
Iwanna330Cic
926 Posts
I chose white because

1) the 335i looks so damn good in white
2) radiates less heat
Actually I believe you meant to say it radiates (as in reflects) MORE heat - and absorbs LESS... unlike my jet black job! :thumbup:

Doug

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
98F in Atlanta according to the "officials". My car said 103F when I left work which I know was hotter than reality. 98 is hot enough. When does fall get here?

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Alpine White / Terra here.

Cool and easy to clean (no water spots!).

Attachments

·
Road Goober
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
+1 on AW/Saddle. Check out my ride.
YES! Your car looks exactly like mine will, minus the top for you :p

Its been discussed a few times here that black on black is just so damn sexy. This is true, nothing looks better than a black car waxed up sliding by in the dawn light. But this time around, i'll take white =)

And for those who wonder, no my avatar isn't me LOL! But if that guy can be happy, anyone can!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Just put on some ceramic tints all-around(including windshield) and the difference is night and day. Best $400 I ever spent on a car.
Is that something like the ceramic tiles they use on the Shuttle. Understand they do a great job protecting against heat.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not that this matters to anybody here... but lighter car colors not only reflect light but lasers as well. Meaning: a highway patrolman doesn't have to aim for your license plate if his laser will reflect off of your car. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
346 Posts
how can you go wrong with a white sedan? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts