BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been discussed before, but I have not seen it:

Who uses the BMW credit card to earn points for savings on the purchase of a bimmer (or to add extra miles to a lease)?

The literature states that you get 1 point for each dollar you charge (2 points for gas), and the redemption value is generally 1%, e.g., you get 100 dollar rebate on your car for 10,000 points.

I was just wondering whether it makes sense to get this card and use it in place of my frequent flier card :dunno:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
IMO, the FF card sounds like a better deal to me. My wife and I are flying to Australia next year on FF points. The fee on top of the miles is $100. (regular price on these tickets would be at least $4k if not $5k).

We normally get a free ticket (25k miles) every 6-9 months or so. That free ticket is worth more than $250 (even more if you wait and go overseas).

YMMV however...we will be sticking with the FF card.

·
Registered
735 Posts
A nice way to scam FF miles, buy money orders at AAA on your credit card, no charge if your a member, then send them in as payment to the CC company, free miles.

You may get a nast letter or phone call but stick to your guns and you will get the miles.....

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
riffic said:
This may have been discussed before, but I have not seen it:

Who uses the BMW credit card to earn points for savings on the purchase of a bimmer (or to add extra miles to a lease)?

The literature states that you get 1 point for each dollar you charge (2 points for gas), and the redemption value is generally 1%, e.g., you get 100 dollar rebate on your car for 10,000 points.

I was just wondering whether it makes sense to get this card and use it in place of my frequent flier card :dunno:
I read through the "invite" application I got and it seems like to join the earning points program you have to pay a fee to sign up for BMW Rewards... and IMO the benefits don't sound like it's worth it.... :thumbdwn:

I decided to go for the Citibank Driver's Edge card. It's FREE... :D

Also, the benefits are redeemable for any make (just incase you decide not to get another bimmer for whatever reason).... new or used car purchase I think too....

Did I mention it's FREE? :p :lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts