BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my vert, Sirius was working and still does. I haven't gotten any bills so I'm curious if maybe there was a lifetime subscription paid on the car.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Shhhhhhhhhhh

I am afraid if I talk about this it will go away. :eek:

My buddies satellite stopped in his Mercedes about one year after he bought it. Mine is over a year and a half strong and still active. I am hoping the Satellite Gods have overlooked me.

Signed,

Anonymous

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have had my 2005 645CI for almost 3 1/2 years and have not paid a dime for sirius. I heard that back in 2004 and 2005 that you could get unlimited sirius for a one time fee, not sure but that's what I heard.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard that back in 2004 and 2005 that you could get unlimited sirius for a one time fee, not sure but that's what I heard.
I heard that also but was not sure.

Thanks for all the info. Hopefully it will keep on working. I was a little worried about getting a big bill somewhere down the road for past months. I don't really use it that much since I have the IPod with thousands of songs.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
When the subscription ends you will get a message on the screen with a phone number to call and renew. I had a couple of scares, for whatever reason mine displayed that image. I think it was because of a signal loss.

If it ever happens I have been told by others to decline whatever offer they give you. Telling them you don't want the service will lower your price.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
satellite came on my CPO when I got it six months ago, so I'm in the shhhhhh! category - expect it to run out within the year, but we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
9,953 Posts
Mine expired around a 11/2 years a go. After a couple of months I missed it. Called Sirrus up to renew, & they said I could not find my SID. :dunno: So they gave me another year for free. I will wait to see what happens next time!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I have Sirius but just got rid of it. I had the one year subscription ran out recently and I did get a letter from them stating as such but I opted not renew. I have so much music option that I find it unnecessary and I'm not into talk radio much.

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.