BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Format c:\*.* /y
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week my 88 325 has been making an odd sound that I could best describe as an rpm-related scraping. It sounded to me like an accessory was going bad. Today I finally got around to re-bleeding my cooling system that I've suspected for a while had an air pocket in it. (confirmed by the fwoosh sound I got when I squeezed the upper radiator hose today) The moment that air bubble was purged the sound vanished. I love it when a little bit of free maintenance cures what sounds like a potentially expensive problem. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an RPM related scraping myself. It it is like a tick but more of a metal brushing sound, as RPMs increase so does the frequency of this sound. Coincidentally I had an issue with coolant leaking which (I think) I tracked down to an old eroded rubber tube (the small one that goes from the tank the coolant is added to to the radiator).

I need to give this a shot.. Hopefully this fixes my problem, thanks for posting!

bill

·
Blue Miracle Whip
316 Posts
Man oh Man.. this is another symptom I was having...(Gotta start using that search box)

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
i love those easy fix situations. just a matter of opening the hood and touching something and vala, its fixed. somedays it makes you feel like a miracle worker :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts