BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Who would of thought HID Fogs are so......

7405 Views 51 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Kiddkynetik
easy to install.......

I just got my HID fog today and I actually bought extra set fog lights to cut up so I would still have my OEM stock fogs when I sold my car. None the less, the fogs ended up costing me about 50 dollars and the HID kit with the Error Eliminator ended up costing me 110 shipped to my house. (For 160 its an awesome mod)

However, I have yet to fully install it on my car but I did test fit them and they look pretty wicked.

Here is a picture of the fog lights with the HID ballast and bulbs installed into the OEM Fogs.

I did have to cut a 3/4 inch hole in the back of the fog light cover to install these but it was pretty easy. (I ended up using a dremel for that)

I'll post installed pics this weekend when get them fully installed.

:thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
are these larger than stock?
cant wait to see the final result. what color temp are the fogs?
no, they're stock

are these larger than stock?
cant wait to see the final result. what color temp are the fogs?
They are actually 3000k. I'm thinking about trying that and if i don't like it I'll just buy the 5000k or 6000k bulbs. (bulbs are only 25 bucks)
Nice where did you get stocks for 50.00??:confused:
can you point me in the direction get the same kit you got? anyone know how to change the bulbs of the regular running lights? the lights that are on when your hids arnt on, looks funny with my hyper white angel eyes and dull running lights.
I dont know where the OP bought his HID kit, but I am really happy with the kit I bought a couple months ago for my Denali. They have a 35watt and 55watt kit depending on how bright you want your kit to be. I opted for the 6000k 55watt kit and am very pleased with the color and brightness. I bought 2 sets for my truck low beams and fog lights both with the upgraded 55watt kits and it only cost me about $170 shipped. Ran across this HID website on another forum. BTW I do not work for the company and this is not an advertisement.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85
Just pop em out from the back of the headlight, not difficult at all, I picked up some supposedly (but not) brighter ones at Autozone.

The daytime running lights (part #1 here) are 55W H7 bulbs, and the low-beams (part #3 here) are 35W D2S bulbs.
can you point me in the direction get the same kit you got? anyone know how to change the bulbs of the regular running lights? the lights that are on when your hids arnt on, looks funny with my hyper white angel eyes and dull running lights.
i wanna see some pics of this set up as well once installed
got them on ebay :thumbup:

Nice where did you get stocks for 50.00??:confused:
I dont know where the OP bought his HID kit, but I am really happy with the kit I bought a couple months ago for my Denali. They have a 35watt and 55watt kit depending on how bright you want your kit to be. I opted for the 6000k 55watt kit and am very pleased with the color and brightness. I bought 2 sets for my truck low beams and fog lights both with the upgraded 55watt kits and it only cost me about $170 shipped. Ran across this HID website on another forum. BTW I do not work for the company and this is not an advertisement.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85
I got mine for DDMTuning as well. Seem well worth the 65 bucks I paid

3000K are awesome!
Seven, after getting the 3000k foglights installed I don't think i like them as much as i thought. I actually just ordered the 6000k bulbs because i didn't like the hue that the 5000k and 3000k mixed together made. Looked yellowish/greenish to me. The lights are definite brighter than stock but I think I'd prefer the 6000k more.

Just personal opinion. However, i do love the look from the outside......... Anyone want yellow 3000k DDM Tuning 35W h3 Bulbs? how about 20 dollars shipped?
do you guys have pics?

idk but i always have liked my headlights corners and fogs to be stock.
your back seat looks like a couch ! ;)
hahha.. yea i took a picture of the fogs on my couch :thumbup:
your back seat looks like a couch ! ;)
i still think 3000k are the SH!T

check out my avatar

i think my car looks SUPER MEAN coming down the road with them on.

A F$(%&ING BEAST!!! :D
7, the wing definetly completes the look. nice work.

any pics of the install yet?
+1. Looks great!
7, the wing definetly completes the look. nice work.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
hahha.. yea i took a picture of the fogs on my couch :thumbup:
so you just got the error code ellimanator module and you have no problems running them? i am very familar with aftermarket HID kits..however the 7 is a whole different animal since the entire thing is a computer. Please let me know if you have had any issues?

i also have purchased about 6 kits from DDM with no problems...great product great price
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.