BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to schedule my 1200 mile break-in service on my Z4M Coupe....

Don't need any techs joyriding the car... it's a new model and I'm sure it will be tempting for them to "test" it out.

Anyone with experience at these dealer service depts, please give a thumbs up:thumbup: or down:confused: ...

HD

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I made my appt at Rusnak in Westlake because 1) Bob Smith's receptionist was rude when I inquired about a loaner car, since I did not buy my car there, I bought it out of state. That was the end of that conversation.. and 2) Rusnak Westlake is closer to where I live, and they also offered a loaner. I might not take it if I can just wait for the service.

I'll report back after my appt, which is set for Fri morning. I am very particular about dealer service so I hope they do their best!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,524 Posts
Have you considered Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo? They are perennial winners of the coveted BMW Center of Excellence award. The dealings that I've head with them have all been first class.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the recommendation Jon! I'll give them a try if things don't work out with Rusnak. I'm hoping to develop a good relationship with one dealer.... :) at least til I move to "the OC"

·
Registered
45 Posts
We got our Mercedes from Rusnak in Pasadena and have nothing but good things to say about them. While they are as expensive as any other dealer, they have always been up front about costs and have never tried to talk us into anything unnecessary when we have gone there for service. When I do it myself, the people at the parts counter are very helpful. It's a really good dealership.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My first service visit with Rusnak Westlake went very well! Assistant Service Manager Dennis Perrin was straightforward and very pleasant to deal with. Dennis told me that every BMW tech they have at Rusnak is a Certified Master Technician. I also met a few of them, and heard great things about "Tim" and "Chuck" ... so I might request one of them if I need warranty work on my car. I waited while they did the service, and it didn't take long, even though there were a lot of cars waiting to get in when I arrived.

An excellent experience and I will return.

BTW, they did not put any miles on the car, and my "do not wash" request was honored. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know about BS's service department but the salesperson I met there was kinda snobby and acted like he had better things to do than showing me the cars they had. I ended up ordering my car from Steve Thomas which gave me a totally opposite experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts