BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
1,817 Posts
Hey, how do you like your Type S?

That car was actually third on my list of cars to purchase. If only it had a manual, its styling a bit less bland (IMO) and was RWD, I think the outcome would've been different.

;)

·
The Jesal
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U3S2A5 said:
Hey, how do you like your Type S?

That car was actually third on my list of cars to purchase. If only it had a manual, its styling a bit less bland (IMO) and was RWD, I think the outcome would've been different.

;)
The car is great!! But not much of a handling car, even after mods. Plus im looking for a manual, and RWD. I should have gone with the 330ci in the first place. :thumbup:

Heres a pic of it.

Many many crazy mods in that thing. :angel:

·
The Jesal
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zaphod said:
Mine is. It's been status 190 since 6/6.
WHOA! So you saying your car has been sitting there for almost a month?!?!?! :yikes: :yikes:

I thought it took about 2 weeks tops to get on the boat. Also where i can find out the status of my car. Only info i get is from bmwusa.com, is it in there? :dunno:

·
Registered
889 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:

WHOA! So you saying your car has been sitting there for almost a month?!?!?! :yikes: :yikes:

I thought it took about 2 weeks tops to get on the boat. Also where i can find out the status of my car. Only info i get is from bmwusa.com, is it in there? :dunno:
I have a South Africa built 325i coming. So it needs to make the trek from SA to Germany then to the US. Your 330 should be much less time to get on the boat. Good news on that is the Rosslyn plant earned 1st place among all European mfgrs in JD Powers initial quality.

From what I've heard it's normally a month from SA to Germany.

You can call 800-831-1117 x3 with your production number and they'll give you the current status. If you do a search on status codes you can find a list of what the numbers are and mean.

Good luck

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine's waiting shipping too

I have an 02 325i topaz waiting for shipping. It'll be a longer wait once it hits the dealership. I am going to call my salesman tomorrow and have the m-technic front bumper installed once it gets to the dealership. I dont even have my car yet and the mod bug has already hit. :bigpimp:

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
I shouldn't even be thinking about it, as mine is "on order", will be picking it up in Munich in early September.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Re: Mine's waiting shipping too

Dennis H said:
I have an 02 325i topaz waiting for shipping. It'll be a longer wait once it hits the dealership. I am going to call my salesman tomorrow and have the m-technic front bumper installed once it gets to the dealership. I dont even have my car yet and the mod bug has already hit. :bigpimp:
What does the m-technic front bumper look like?? Any pics and what is the cost???

·
Registered
223 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.